PDA

View Full Version : For those budding Lee Harvey Oswalds out there...

Buster Hyman
22nd Nov 2004, 10:55
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/11/22/jfk_2_wideweb__430x225.jpg
Yes kids, you too can have a crack at JFK!!! :ugh: I don't mind the odd game on the PC, but this (http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/11/22/1100972287657.html) is going a bit too far methinks!:rolleyes:

lasernigel
22nd Nov 2004, 11:00
Have to agree there BH this has gone OTT in a big way,with all the bad luck the Kennedy's have had over the years,don't think they deserve it.

eal401
22nd Nov 2004, 11:05
Why is this any worse that any other computer game that requires killing others to score points?

Buster Hyman
22nd Nov 2004, 11:15
Quite true eal401. I guess it's a matter of perspective really.

An anonymous computer generated target is much easier to "kill" than a real person that is revered by millions of people. People attach real sentiment to JFK and making a game out of his death can be tantamount to distasteful.

Try publishing a game like Pin the Fez on Mohammed or Self Crucifiction: How to get that last nail in! and watch the hordes of true believers burn your shop down.

Capt.KAOS
22nd Nov 2004, 13:11
Nice timing though :eek:

Jerricho
22nd Nov 2004, 15:00
Yeah, no real difference to "Grand Theft Auto". Some of the missions in that actually require you to shoot people in the head, and kill cops and run people over and...............not that I condone any of that of course.

Erwin Schroedinger
22nd Nov 2004, 17:32
Maybe there'll be a "Bush" patch.

Sales would rocket! :E

(Shhh! D'ya think the Feds scan JetBlast?)

Hang on, there's someone at the door.................

Slim20
22nd Nov 2004, 17:37
I don't get it. Pretty lame game if that's all there is to it. Worth 35? I doubt it. Will it sell a million? Probably.

Just ask the makers of "Manhunt" who also made the GTA series. Nothing like getting something banned to guarantee a prolonged tenure of the No. 1 chart spot.

2R
22nd Nov 2004, 20:27
Maybe it will prove that he was not alone .
Do it let you shoot from the grassy knoll? the position that some witness's said the shots came from?
:)

Richo77
22nd Nov 2004, 22:50
LaserNigel,

I agree its bad taste, but do you think the Kennedys have had all that much bad luck? John John and Caroline aside, some might say they have made their own karma.

There is speculation that old Joe was half the reason both JFK and RFK went bye bye's, and that he was responsible for contributing to the Teamsters Pension Fund with Robert chased for so long.

Author James Ellroy (American Tabloid and The Cold Six Thousand) has some interesting theories which he lends a lot of credibility to IMHO.

But back to the game, i guess its personal taste. When some of the Doom patches came out years ago, a friend of mine (big brain and a PC guru) mapped his entire university as a level and included shots of his professors and fellow students. He took a lot of pleasure in offing them.

They will all offend SOMEONE i suppose.

Feeton Terrafirma
22nd Nov 2004, 23:14
I really don't understand why anyone would want to play a silly shoot em up game on a PC when there is V8 Supercars with the Bathurst track, and when you get bored of that, Flight Sim 2004 :D

Jerricho
23rd Nov 2004, 00:01
when there is V8 Supercars with the Bathurst track,

There ya go Buster. I wonder if the Fords get beat in that as well ;)

Buster Hyman
23rd Nov 2004, 00:36
Actually, they do. The rules in the game reflect the Supercar rules which allow Holden to get away with fielding those butt ugly Commodores & hinder the peace loving Ford teams!http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Jerricho
23rd Nov 2004, 02:31
Now Buster, you and I both know you're talking garbage. Peace loving Ford team...... I think you mean the Ford team in pieces.

TheNightOwl
23rd Nov 2004, 02:35
"...butt-ugly Commodores"!! That's it, Buster, a bucket of sunshine will soon be winging its way to KAH!! How dare you malign the aesthetics of the most beautiful vehicle, I will not rest until honour has been restored!
Just remember, whatever you do to a Ford, it will only EVER be a Ford!

KInd regards, I think,

TheNightOwl. :ok:

Jerricho
23rd Nov 2004, 02:39
NightOwl, you'll have to forgive Buster.

He loves stroking his Ford.

Buster Hyman
23rd Nov 2004, 03:15
TNO You woke up to post that? Back to sleep with you old fella!:p Commodore's are just Euro trash! Badge engineering at it's worst. Get out & have a drive of a six speed BA MkII GT-P & you'll never drive those "trash on wheels" deathtraps again. ;)

Jerricho Your posts belong on the Hijack the thread, thread! I'm quite proud of how I can stroke my Ford, especially since I put those twin extractors on! :E
http://www.fpv.com.au/upload/image/725_6x24x200450405PM.jpg YEAH BABY!