PDA

View Full Version : Jetconnect fleet replacement

ZK-EBC
22nd Nov 2004, 10:25
The word around JC is that Grant Lilly was in Sydney recently talking over fleet replacement options with Geoff. He was more likely begging though, and fair enough as most of the 733's are clapped out ex Ansett numbers. A320's have been mooted but does anyone have anything more solid on this topic that they can share with us? I know we're at the bottom of the food chain, but hell if anyone deserves new planes its us!! And i dare any aussie to argue otherwise:p

EBC

TIMMEEEE
22nd Nov 2004, 10:40
I doubt very much that QF will spend money on Jetconnect.

They are a ready made market for QF to dispose of their B737-300's and ultimately 737-400's as QF slot in more 737-NG's.

Wishful thinking me thinks.

rescue 1
23rd Nov 2004, 07:59
With the B717 replacing the B146 in the west - the 733 surely must be next.

Would have thought a few too many seats for the A320 in NZ, and it wouldn't fit into ROT would it?

Any chance of Tasman expansion with a B767?

spinout
23rd Nov 2004, 08:23
They might replace Jetconnect with Jetstar….
:cool:

Going Boeing
23rd Nov 2004, 14:01
They way that I read the crystal ball is that, in the short term, the ex AN B733's in service with Jet Connect will be replaced by QF Mainline B733's - Business class seats have been recently re-installed and they already have the right paint scheme. In the long term, it's a bit harder to read as the B733's are approaching the 4th "D" check which is the most expensive so logically one would think that Mainline B734's would be transferred as QF Mainline goes to a purely B738 fleet. However, if the opposition (Air NZ & Freedom) use A320's, which have more passenger appeal, then I think that Jet Connect will have to operate similar (or better) equipment. This of course does not discuss the high standard of seating (& pax appeal) that the Emirates flights offer.

propaganda
24th Nov 2004, 17:27
I'd hazard a guess at the A320, there's very little point in replacing old B733 with slightly less clapped out B733, Besides the A320 has the pax appeal....I have operated the A320 into some short runways.....so runway length is'nt the problem , config 3 T/O perf and toga......seems to work....

ZK-NSN
26th Nov 2004, 19:27
You really have to wonder how interested Qantas is in running domestically in NZ now that the deal with AirNZ is out?
Jetconnect is the little brother..it will get the hand-downs from the Aust operation. Anybody heard whether Pacific Blue are moving towards the NZ domestic market?

aerostatic
27th Nov 2004, 03:36
Well if you look at the big picture...

1) QF's presence in the NZ domestic market allows them to provide a seamless service to overseas tourists coming here.
2) QF's presence in the NZ domestic market is keeping PB out…for now.
3) QF's presence in the NZ domestic market provides considerable on-carriage to QF's intl operations.
4) QF's presence in the NZ domestic market is puting downwards pressure on Air NZ domestic yields, traditionally one of Air NZ's most profitable business units.

As for fleet replacement... I haven't got a clue. I understand 7 of JC's current fleet of 8 B733's are ex QF and the other 1 is ex AWAS. Remember if the inside of the aircraft has been refurbished and the aircraft has a shiny paint job most punters won't know the difference, but QF frequent flyers will be aware of the regular delays due engineering... not good!

rescue 1
29th Nov 2004, 18:02
QF operations in New Zealand is perhaps two fold: 1. To stop further expansion of the Godfrey empire, and 2. Place pressure on QF big boys wages and conditions just as Jetstar & Australian do.

Don't forget that NZ AOC holders are permitted to conduct operations within the Australian environment, with the added advantage of 1 FA for 50 pax! Maybe that's next??

flying ginge
29th Nov 2004, 22:53
so if jetconnect is here to stay, and the air nz/qf merger is off indefinitely, one would think jetconnect would be looking to hook up with origin again?

propaganda
18th Dec 2004, 07:43
Do JC hire direct entry Capt's......and are they recruiting.

Far Canard
18th Dec 2004, 19:45
Rumours

People leaving
Every check flight is a chop flight
They hate Kiwi pilots
They work you hard
The pay is relatively poor
You don't get staff travel
No seniority especially for Kiwis

propaganda
19th Dec 2004, 08:28
Far Canard,
Okay, Cheers for that......if they hate Kiwi's there's no chance for a pom.:ok:

HardCorePawn
19th Dec 2004, 10:23
hopefully they'll be around for a while... they've just given my wife a job in 'People Relations'...

i believe this is some touchy feely way of saying Human Resources :}