PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue in toruble?

johnyblack
22nd Nov 2004, 03:27
I have just heard someone mention an interview with Richard Branson on CNN where he said that DJ was in trouble and would not last through next year???

Judging from Wirraways post "Virgin Blue medium outlook positive: CEO", it would seem to be the opposite way.

Did anyone else hear/ see this interview?
:confused:

Icarus2001
22nd Nov 2004, 04:24
When are they starting these flights to Toruble? Where is it again?:confused:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I do not have a vested interest but look at the facts. Four and a half years ago they did not exist, they now have almost 50 aircraft and 500 pilots. They grew massively in the first half of 2004 and added huge amounts of capacity. They suffered a 2% drop in profits. I would say the future looks good so long as they decide which business model they want. My personal and superfluous prediction is Corrigan wants control and will buy it soon and that business class type seats will be offered, maybe called something else but essentially with bigger seats and more leg room. VB have moved a long way from being a typical LCC and they will do better if they leave that to Jetstar.

Planes are for carpenters.

johnyblack
22nd Nov 2004, 04:32
Oops! Lysdexia rules, K.O.

Capt Claret
22nd Nov 2004, 06:06
Given Branson's penchant for publicity I find it hard to believe he would make such an admission.

cunninglinguist
22nd Nov 2004, 06:52
I myself am a dyslexic agnostic, I keep asking

" is there a dog "

Woomera
22nd Nov 2004, 06:53
johnyblack not bad for a first post and registered today as well I see.

You might go off and check your sources first and then come back. OK.:ok:

I heard from a friend who heard it from his next door neighbour that Santa is real as well.

Rumour yes but hearsay is not close enough.

Click!