PDA

View Full Version : Overqualified????

haamdhanimaid
20th Nov 2004, 14:15
Question:

Anybody have any ideas how a Flight Attendant with over 7 years experience in the industry (commercial and corporate) could be considered over qualified for a corporate company in Europe?

I can only think of 2 reasons:

1. company only wants young, fresh, 'mouldable/malleable' crew

2. those that do the hiring/firing or who run the girly side feel threatened by someone who might have more experience.

This is all assuming one has a good reputation in the industry.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but how does one become over qualified serving food, drinks and cleaning cabins? It's not rocket science!:\

Am a little miffed!

Any ideas folks?:confused:

Cap Loko
20th Nov 2004, 15:29
I think you gave the answer yourself. But why don't you give HR a call and ask them for your own learning experience why didn't take you. Tell them that you don't want to undergo the same thing with the next company you apply to. Who knows, they will give you a fair answer.
Anyway, something better may show up.

good luck!

spaceman1000
20th Nov 2004, 18:21
airlines are not interested by experienced flight attendants. they prefer to have a dummy blond girl and not to pay her.

stay away from companies who play this little stupid game. Stay away from the charters.

haamdhanimaid
21st Nov 2004, 12:05
Yeah, figured that!

However, I was always under the impression that the 'powers that be' in the Corporate/private sector prefer those with experience!

Bit of a paradox wouldn't you say?

Maybe one needs a boob job :E