PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a spare murderer, we seem to have lost ours?

terryJones
19th Nov 2004, 18:18
A plea from the chief constable in Manchester.
Seems the guy just 'walked out of the nick'
Bet they would have been watching him closer if he had just been caught with no lights on his 'bike

bjcc
19th Nov 2004, 20:26
Unless things have changed a lot over the last few years, Police don't as a rule watch prisoners while in the custody of HM Prison Service......
Still why let reality get in the way of a good slagging off for the Old Bill...
By the way, did you once get don't for no lights on your bike? Or is the lights on bike just another peice of urban rumour?

SLFguy
20th Nov 2004, 11:07
In my limited Crim career the 'nick' was not one of HM's Prisons but the local cop shop.

angels
20th Nov 2004, 11:15
And he's not a murderer.

Probably not a nice chap though. Six counts of attempted murder....

redfred
20th Nov 2004, 11:24
its not like his face isnt conspicuous

Zlin526
20th Nov 2004, 14:29
I heard that he'd been caught doing 36 in a 30mph zone, and that they were taking the 6 counts of attempted murder into consideration.....

bjcc
20th Nov 2004, 19:15
Correct in general, a nick is a police station not a prison. Athough it can be both. However in this case, he was wrongly released from HM Prison Manchester (AKA Strangeways).

Nothing to do with the Police, except they have to now find him again, while being interupted by people driving like idiots, being called to matters that people really ought to be sorting out themselves, but are too lazy. Being asked directions by people holding maps, or looking after lost dogs...Doing the work of social services, acting on behalf of the coranor and delivering messages from other Police forces. If you want the full list of other things that Police do, apart from look for people the Prison service wrongly release, I am happy to oblige, but be prepared for a very long read!