PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need new flying boots?

FatBaldChief
19th Nov 2004, 14:38
Any RAF type need new flying boots?
Please help a clothing stores employee's Xmas fund.
How do people get away with this?
I apologise if it is legit (But cannot understand how it can be)

:8

invertron
19th Nov 2004, 14:47
Why wouldn't it be genuine. You can buy those boots at any good military surplus store.

FatBaldChief
19th Nov 2004, 14:54
Apologies can never find time/inclination/interest to peruse military clothing stores but will definately visit them now for fear of looking like an EEEJJJITTT in public again.

Anyone fancy some Tornado spares look in same Ebay category/area.

Being FatandBald is the new black :8

BEagle
19th Nov 2004, 17:39
No sheeeeeeeet, Pigger! We is de men, bro!!

From one who is somewhat follically challenged and, whilst not a bleaurter, is neither a racing snake he!

Ray Dahvectac
20th Nov 2004, 13:03
And is it coincidence that the seller who seems to have cornered the market in "CAPE LEATHER FLYING GLOVES SIZE 8½" goes by the name of 'winch-op'? :hmm:

PPRuNe Pop
20th Nov 2004, 13:21
Sorry! Ebay can look after itself without any help from PPRuNe.

Swanny the scuffer
20th Nov 2004, 15:09
Sorry guys but it's got to be someone from coningsby, cottesmore etc.

And we take a pretty dim view of selling issue kit. Any grassers out there?

Hueymeister
20th Nov 2004, 16:59
I have to admit being a tad brassed off by this....I can't get hold of any from stores at the mo..they're holding stock back for somewhere else.....and it's sandy...and due to get cold soon. Bugger..having said that though I'd rather be here in knackered boots tan there in shiny ones right now.

Vage Rot
21st Nov 2004, 21:08
A pair of flying boots is peanuts - well, not actually peanuts but you know what I mean!!

The MoD sold 7 Nimrod MR2s to BWoS for 1p each!!! Would have done much better on e-bay!!

The Rocket
21st Nov 2004, 21:09
RAF Police.

Worlds finest.

Swanny the scuffer
21st Nov 2004, 22:58
RAF Police.

Worlds finest.

You love us really

Swanny
xx

FatBaldChief
22nd Nov 2004, 20:11
Thanks for your input in this. I know it is probably a small point in the big scheme of things but these people who seem to get away with murder on Ebay get to me. It seems ludicrous to me that kit is unavailable at stores yet you can buy the same from suspicious sources very close to major units.

Gripe over.

I look forward to the new 'E Branch' of the RAF Police forming soon.

B fat B bald B happy :8

Swanny the scuffer
23rd Nov 2004, 11:43
Who says it's not up already?

Trumpet_trousers
23rd Nov 2004, 11:52
Who says it's not up already?

Hmm...must have large keypads for the dogs to be able to type then.....:D

ScapegoatisaSolution
23rd Nov 2004, 18:43
Do you need a keyboard with a 'PAWS' button?

Trumpet_trousers
23rd Nov 2004, 18:49
...If Airdog Fido doesn't like the sound of it's own growl, it could always use the 'Alt Gr' key..:D :D

ScapegoatisaSolution
23rd Nov 2004, 21:03
But that might scare the mouse away.

Blacksheep
24th Nov 2004, 00:55
True exchange in Waddington NAAFI when RAFP Acting Corporal, unpaid, unloved, unwashed and unwanted enters NAAFI with a dog on a rope.

"Ere, yer can't bring that Gorilla in 'ere"
"That's not a Gorilla, thats a German Shepherd"
"Who's talking t'you, monkey face?"

FatBaldChief
24th Nov 2004, 10:12
1st RO's comments on RAFP JNCO's Annual appraisal.
Oh it is completely confirmed as true.

' Unfortunately Cpl ******* is less reliable than his dog'

Be Fat Be Bald Be Proud :8

bay17-20
27th Nov 2004, 15:35
Even Mr plod might have noticed this missing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2979&item=4340192062&rd=1

:E

Constable Clipcock
27th Nov 2004, 15:43
Yeah, howzabout sending me some boots and gloves as well, since the Big Giveaway is on! US sizes 12-1/2 EE and 11 respectively!

Oh, not a real sale is it? :D

ZH875
27th Nov 2004, 16:05
Even Mr plod might have noticed this missingI wouldn't be too sure...

Gainesy
27th Nov 2004, 16:26
Hmm, "seller will post world wide". Be a bit awkward to wrap I should think.

adr
27th Nov 2004, 18:28
I see the seller describes them as new. eBay's help pages say:Guideline for describing an item's condition as "new": An item can be listed as new if it's unused, fully functional and has no signs of damage or wear.
He'll need an export licence, then, as well as a big box and lots of stamps! :}

adr

Talking Radalt
27th Nov 2004, 22:48
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even Mr plod might have noticed this missing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't be too sure...

And even if they did....
"There's really nothing we can do......":rolleyes:

Bunker Mentality
28th Nov 2004, 09:28
''Do you need a keyboard with a 'PAWS' button?''

''...If Airdog Fido doesn't like the sound of it's own growl, it could always use the 'Alt Gr' key..''

''But that might scare the mouse away.''

...And he'd have to pop outside to use the 'TAB' function during his PAWS/break :)

Zlin526
28th Nov 2004, 22:11
Seems that even the 'aces' are in on it too.....

here: (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42382&item=2289193173&rd=1#ebayphotohosting)

flash8
29th Nov 2004, 05:41
One would have thought the old boy would have been proud to keep his "Master Race" attire... and a signed photo to boot.... look great on any blunties desk....

Also:

This is a RAF Officers No.1 Home Dress Uniform, consisting of jacket and trousers, made by R.E.City of Camberley. The jacket is ranked as a sqn ldr, with pilot's wings, medal loops underneath and 5 medal ribbons:

MBE, General Service Medal (NI), 1991 Gulf War (with Rosette), Kosovo 2000, and the Queens Golden Jubilee Medal. The jacket has also brass sword hooks incorporated in the material.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67580&item=2289263899&rd=1

Quite impressive... but rather sad someone felt the need to sell it (if indeed they know it is on sale...:))

FatBaldChief
29th Nov 2004, 09:35
I think the powers that be at RAFAT might have something to say about one of their previous members selling his uniform on Ebay.

Too Fat for a Red suit:8

rivetjoint
29th Nov 2004, 10:00
Indeed, such a red item should at least be offered to a more suitable home, perhaps as a cleaning rag for the BBMF?