PDA

View Full Version : What a nice handy job.

greenflag
19th Nov 2004, 13:32
Hello,I have been flying Berlin/Dublin for the last few months as a passenger and it has convinced me to move careers to cabincrew for an airline.
The flight takes about 2 20 hours.Apart from the safety display where one person stands at front and another stands at row 10 so nobody down back can see what the people are displaying,this is a cracking job.
I have been maybe 28/30 times and I estimate the working time to be in order of 16 to 18 minutes.The food gets sold (very little due to high cost) and then the skyshop (even less).That is job done.
I believe this to be an excellent average and am not trying to upset the nice cabincrew staff who I know are happy to respond if called.What a great way to while away a few hours.

TightSlot
19th Nov 2004, 14:11
:(

Memetic
19th Nov 2004, 14:17
Troll ?

Globaliser
19th Nov 2004, 18:28
Yup, very likely! (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1614056#post1614056) (OP's only other post.)

grease7
20th Nov 2004, 14:52
:{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{very very sad

apaddyinuk
20th Nov 2004, 15:54
Were also forgetting the low pay of the job, the fact that the crew were probably operating up to 4/5 sectors that day with a duty time of around 10-12 hours, having to get up at stupid o clock several mornings of the week before even the milk man is up and finally the longhaul ones who never seem to return to a normal sleeping pattern but miss daylight every day this time of year!!!
To be honest i think id rather have your job greenflag if you get to fly that often and not actually have to work on the plane! :mad: