PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet Set to Carry its 10millionth Passenger thru Liverpool

dwlpl
19th Nov 2004, 13:27
Below is a news snippet/email released today by easyJet re its LIVERPOOL base.

Since we started flying from Liverpool in October 1997, we have grown from strength to strength. In fact, this month we will carry our 10 millionth passenger! And with up to 50 flights a day to 13 top European destinations, together with our fantastic fares, we will continue to be the airline of choice for passengers in the North West.

Could it be in reply to those who do not like the EZY base being in LPL?

brabazon
19th Nov 2004, 13:51
No, just another opportunity for easyJet to blow its own trumpet and have a side swipe at the "new entrants" at Manchester.

Anyone remember the grand plans there were for Liverpool when the Manchester second runway inquiry was going on? I guess no one could have envisaged what the likes of easyJet would be able to achieve with minimal investment.

gayrugbybloke
19th Nov 2004, 14:30
I thought PIA was the airline of chpice, passenger numbers-wise, in the NW??!!!!

eggc
19th Nov 2004, 14:41
QUOTE :-

"we will continue to be the airline of choice for passengers in the North West."

...hmmm...more passengers choose squeekyjet in the NW ehh...
I take it this excludes BA then.

Another accurate press release, obviously panicing at the arrival of Jet2 on their NW patch.

Vuelo
19th Nov 2004, 15:23
I would imagine EZY are pooping their knickers at Jet2's plans at MAN......

and to get a LGW aswell is really one in the eye for them!

The_Bean_Counter
19th Nov 2004, 15:32
Vuelo

Think they are pooping now wait till Monday

eggc
19th Nov 2004, 18:45
Mr Bean

You sound like you know something....???