PDA

View Full Version : A meteor is coming and we're all going to die

Ozzy
19th Nov 2004, 12:39
Right, where the eff do they recruit teachers from these days? The local asylum? Seems this dipstick made this very announcement (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041119/od_afp/britain_education_meteor_041119000654) at morning assembly. She didn't stop there, telling the kids to go home and say goodbye to their families??? WTF? She must have gone to the Sado School of Motivation...

Ozzy

steamchicken
19th Nov 2004, 12:49
I think she may have trying to take their minds off the government

itchy kitchin
19th Nov 2004, 12:59
Well, apart from the 10 day claim, she's probably right. It's happened before (just ask my pal T. Rex) and it'll happen again...

Hopefully, by the time it does happen, humanity will have sorted out its petty little differences and gotten the f**k off this stinky little rock we call Earth. Send us all to Mars- at least there's plenty of chocolate to eat....

yintsinmerite
19th Nov 2004, 13:14
It would do the world a favour if Manchester was hit by an asteroid !!

Incoming !!!!!

Standard Noise
19th Nov 2004, 13:32
mmm, isn't that what they call "slum clearance"?

Catholic school eh, I suppose the teacher will have to do 100 hail marys and 500 our fathers for that little porky.....:p

Gainesy
19th Nov 2004, 13:36
Mock Ye Not!

There are still eight days to go.

Kinda bugga up next week though. :uhoh:

itchy kitchin
19th Nov 2004, 13:39
...and I was SO looking forward to christmas.
Oh well, I suppose instant death is better than a lifetime of loan repayments (bloomin' expensive business, flying)

Nil nos tremefacit
19th Nov 2004, 13:42
These children are lucky, they now know that adults can be big fibbers. They will also look back on this episode and laugh about it :rolleyes: These are the happiest days of their lives!

Standard Noise
19th Nov 2004, 14:02
"these are the happiest days of their lives"
Ha, ha, you sick man, their at a catholic school you loon, whats happy about that.
Most friends of mine who went to catholic schools spent their time sh1tting themselves in case the priest caught them smoking, drinking or summat else. They weren't best happy about the experience.

Nil nos tremefacit
19th Nov 2004, 14:05
I was being ironic.....:confused:

Grainger
19th Nov 2004, 14:06
I'd put good money on it that what was actually said bears little resemblance to what's reported in the press.

Gonna happen one day though - and when it does, we'd be lucky to get ten days' warning.

Bre901
19th Nov 2004, 14:16
itchy kitchin It's happened before (just ask my pal T. Rex) and it'll happen again... looks like it's happened inbetween (New Scientist (http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996611))

Windy Militant
19th Nov 2004, 14:34
Thread Slingshot! Is this find anywhere near where some French explorer was supposed to have found a huge iron Meteorite in the 1800's?
Back to thread I suppose that this is a new twist on the Judgement day/ Apocalypse thing they usually use to scare the banjanx out of the little bleeders. ;)

Bre901
19th Nov 2004, 15:23
Is this find anywhere near where some French explorer was supposed to have found a huge iron Meteorite in the 1800's
I don't think so, this is in Egypt, whereas the iron meteorite was supposed to be in Mauritania (this webpage (http://www.meteoriteman.com/collection/chinguetti.htm) says the mystery was solved)

SLFguy
19th Nov 2004, 15:38
I'd put good money on it that what was actually said bears little resemblance to what's reported in the press

Ok I'll take the bet - how much?

MadsDad
19th Nov 2004, 15:39
Gainsey

There are still eight days to go. Kinda bugga up next week though.

With eight days to go surely it's the week after next it's gonna bugga up. :confused:

kansasw
19th Nov 2004, 17:25
Madsdad sez

With eight days to go surely it's the week after next it's gonna bugga up.

Huh? In Yankee reckoning, the week goes Monday through Sunday. This is Friday, so eight days from now is Saturday of the week after this one, ie next week. Nu?

FunkyMunky
19th Nov 2004, 19:53
Most friends of mine who went to catholic schools spent their time sh1tting themselves in case the priest caught them smoking, drinking or summat else. They weren't best happy about the experience.

One must admit that said Catholic school i currently attend has to be one of the worst in the entire county for the very problems you mention ;) Even Teachers have been seen to be buying booze on occasion :p (I should know, recieved various complimentary Guinness the other day...at 2.80 a pint you can be damned sure i'm not paying :D ):p

Oggin Aviator
19th Nov 2004, 20:03
Another thread hijack. Sorry.

Nil nos said:
I was being ironic..... :confused:

Irony so painful it hurts:

Unable to participate in a video teleconference on joint interoperability issues due to participants having incompatible video teleconference systems

:sad:

Oggin

... back to the thread ...

simon brown
19th Nov 2004, 20:05
2030 the next calculated one is due..just when i'm due to retire.....i'll be collecting my lump sum from the bank as this huge ball of flame erupts from the sky. I shall look upwards and say...........bugger! neednt of bothered saving all me life.;)

Standard Noise
19th Nov 2004, 20:38
2030! Oh bugga I'll miss out on me gold carriage clock from the company in 2031.:{

airship
20th Nov 2004, 01:04
Oh dear, all those teenagers thinking that they were too young to die, they hadn't even discovered love yet?!

One imagines that there will be a small blip in unwanted pregnancies as a result...:rolleyes:

OzExpat
20th Nov 2004, 11:02
It's bound to affect the odd Gatbash too, methinks... :}

tony draper
20th Nov 2004, 11:15
Why doesn't anybody feel sorry for the little Boloidians who live in cities buried deep within meteors, impact is a bit rough on them as well yer know.
:{

Gainesy
20th Nov 2004, 11:44
MADSDAD,
As Kansas has so kindly pointed out, one was using the Yankee method of calculation , to foster Trans-Atlantic relations...er sort of.

Ok, bugga, its a fair cop.:)

VFE
20th Nov 2004, 12:59
I was applauding and laughing up until...... the Sun newspaper said in its Friday edition.
..... and that spoilt it!

VFE.

Capt.KAOS
20th Nov 2004, 15:07
We can always send Bruce Willis as a last resort....