PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Sim ride

High'n'Low
19th Nov 2004, 12:11
I know there is already a post regarding Thomas Cook. I have been offered a sim ride and was wondering if anyone had any useful info about what Thomas Cook get you to do. Has anyone done a sim test with them? Anyone else got a sim ride with them?

Cheers

Captain Douglas
19th Nov 2004, 15:17
hi there, sorry no information on the sim ride. Just wanted to ask how and when you heard as Ive still heard nothing and we were interviewed about the same time. cheers

Virginia Plane
20th Nov 2004, 08:45
It used to be done on CTC's Caravelle sim by a pair of CTC trainers and then the results were sent back to MAN. Whether CTC are still doing it these days using their fixed base 737 sim I don't know.

It was done 2 crew (one flight as PF and one as PNF paired with another applicant). Take off, climb straight ahead (no SID) to a pre-defined altitude. Follow the SOP's they have sent you before the day. A bit of general handling then given direct to a VOR to pick up an ILS procedure. No failures given during any part of the sim ride. At some point PNF is given a questionnaire to fill out (general aviation knowledge). I'll leave it up to you to decide what to do with the questionnaire!

High'n'Low
21st Nov 2004, 16:04
I heard towards the end of last week. Aparently they have had some problems getting in touch with people who use hotmail so if that includes you, I would get in touch with them asap.
Good luck.

Captain Douglas
23rd Nov 2004, 15:05
hi there, have sim ride coming up quite soon. Anyone got any info at what sort of tasks they through at you whilst performing pnf duties. Any comments welcome

Captain Douglas
24th Nov 2004, 13:59
high n low, check your pm

reac
28th Nov 2004, 13:07
Has anyone heard back from Thomas Cook yet???
Did the sim ride last week, heard nothing back as yet.

Best wishes to all going through selection.

theharrier
3rd Dec 2004, 16:22
Hi there guys (and gals),

Similar to Reac's post really but was just wondering if anyone having done the sim ride at LGW this week was given any specific indication of when they'd be notified of the outcome. When doing mine over a week ago we were simply told 'It could be a couple of days or whenever the company decides....' I was just curious to see if anyone has heard anything more concrete this week?

Best of luck!!!

theharrier :ok:

theharrier
13th Dec 2004, 20:30
Hey guys, just to bring this to the front again....I'm still waiting to hear the outcome of my sim ride, but have ANY low hours guys heard positive news about their sims with TC yet?

theharrier