PDA

View Full Version : Airbus or Boeing. Which one best chance of job today

HSWL
19th Nov 2004, 11:29
Virgin Blue recruiting has all but dried up but you have to know someone to get an interview. Pacific Blue the same. With Airbus selling like hot cakes in Asia you have to get in on the act and get out of Australia to get that first jet job. Australia is dead as a doornail for jet jobs as too many pilots and too few jet operators.
Fact of life that a jet type rating is a must to get a job. Which type offers the best opportunity in Asia - 737 or A320 type rating?
Who offers A320 simulator courses and approx cost? Heard that Air Asia expanding rapidly and now taking 200 hour CPL pilots including non-Asian?

Flying Kangaroo
19th Nov 2004, 11:52
Which type offers the best opportunity in Asia - 737 or A320 type rating?

You said it yourself here:

With Airbus selling like hot cakes in Asia

:} :ok:

planemad2
20th Nov 2004, 19:52
As someone else has pointed out, you answered your own question really.

Purely from the point of view of getting a future job, there would be no contest, have to be Airbus.

tinpis
20th Nov 2004, 22:10
While youre paying for the endorsement why dont you canvas a few companies and see if you can buy a job as well?
You could offer to pay for all checking line checks and renewals maybe even supply the onboard catering?
If someone had of suggested I was going to read this bollox 20 years ago I would have said they were stark raving nuts.

Flying Kangaroo
22nd Nov 2004, 12:09
Tinpis,

I agree in total with you, but the point here is if you dont get the rating someone else will, and that someone will probably get the job, i mean i wish it was very easy for all of us to say let's not pay for type ratings, but the reality is very different, and im sure you are aware. It's a shame i know :sad:

Regards,
FK

redsnail
22nd Nov 2004, 16:24
I believe the Air Asia A320 guys are folks that bought a type rating via Global (aka Storm and Bond/Astraeus). If that is the case, they paid ~£20,000 for their type rating.