PDA

View Full Version : Hunting question.

ssultana
18th Nov 2004, 23:47
My two golden retrievers ran out into the garden earlier after a fox, the fox got caught int the brambles and my dogs started attacking it. I wasn't going to intervene in a dog fight, beacuse i didn't want to be bitten. The fox eventually escaped with i presume only minor injuries.

Q: Where my dogs breaking the law by hunting the fox?

If my dogs chase a fox and i run after them on foot (or horseback, not that i have a horse) would i be breaking the law for running after my dogs, i.e hunting with hounds?

Q1: Will a house cat (which is not a nessesity) be outlawed soon beacuse it kills small birds and mice and plays with their half dead corpse, be outlawed? Or are mice and rats not included in the 'ahhh isn't it sweet law'.

Q3: Is the killing of a baby during a partial-birth abortion, where it is delivered then injected in the neck to be outlawed also.

Q4: is police time going to be devoted to stopping hunt's when drug dealing is rampant on street corners.

Q4: Will Jews be stopped from practising kosher (a supposedly but not actually humane method) butchery, or are they protected by laws beacuse they are a minority.

I'm not anti-semitic, anti kosher butchery, anti abortion, or pro hunt... I'd just like to see a consistent approach to life by Tony.

SyllogismCheck
19th Nov 2004, 00:27
Yes. You probably would be breaking the law, found quilty and sentenced. While the little scrote up in court next for stealing his 20th car would probably get a warning. :*

Re Q1, my neighbours are already at it. I commented Incidentally, I notice since the ban my neighbours seem to have taken up mouse hunting using cats. Should they be reported, devious so and so's that they are? :E on it here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149456&highlight=hunting+with+cats)
I didn't shop 'em though as I think it's a load of cobblers. I'd just like to see a consistent approach to life by Tony. Is this the Friday joke thread then? :rolleyes:

Onan the Clumsy
19th Nov 2004, 02:03
Certain rolling over behavoirs seem to be consistent.

shortly
19th Nov 2004, 03:20
A pollie won't make a hard decision. Might make him unpopular with someone. Useless waste of space oxygen thieves the lot of them.

UniFoxOs
19th Nov 2004, 07:38
What happens when plod goes out to hunt an alleged perpetrator with their bloodhounds? Won't that be illegal? Or will it just be the usual - one law for us and another for them?

itchy kitchin
19th Nov 2004, 09:10
I'm sure this question has been raised plenty of times before but...

What relevance does hunting have compared to issues like crime, poverty, the state of the NHS, poor standards of education and plenty of other things i could care to name.

This is a class war action designed to placate beardy lefties who live in islington and know sweet FA about the countryside and it's culture. Even Blair was trying to distance himself from it last night.
"I would have liked to have seen a compromise"

(Sarcasm ON) Why don't we sell the House of Lords to Disney so that they can turn it into a theme park? Now that we have the Parliament Act, it is seemingly irrelevant. (...and OFF)

tony draper
19th Nov 2004, 09:28
Concidering the amount of evidence the CPS require before they shift from their fat arses and actually take someone to court I cannot see many cases being brought if people do go out riding with a pack of hounds, they could just be taking their horses and dogs out for a walk.
:rolleyes:

lasernigel
19th Nov 2004, 10:18
Saw an article in the Telegraph over the weekend where two countryside alliance supporters conned their way into Tony Banks constituency surgery.All the meeting was taped and he didn't realise who they were.When asked about did he think the way animals are slaughtered under Moslem and Jewish religious laws was at all barbaric he admitted it was BUT as he also said..'The Labour party would not mess around with Jewish and Moslem ways of life as it would cost them too many votes'.
Hypocrisy at it's best courtesy of HIS Tonyness's party.

Standard Noise
19th Nov 2004, 13:50
Hit a pheasant with me Landy on the way home the other day while the dog was in the back, does that count as hunting? I didn't swerve out of the way or anything, in fact I steered toward it. Satisfying bump it was. Pheasant burgers anyone?

itchy kitchin
19th Nov 2004, 13:52
Re: Pheasant Burgers.
If you hit one and kill it, it is illegal to claim it as roadkill and bag it for the pot. However, if the car in front hits and kills it, YOU can claim it as you didn't kill it.

Don't make no sense to me.

Standard Noise
19th Nov 2004, 13:58
I don't bother stopping. Mind you, I don't suppose there's much left of it after a Disco hits it at 40mph. Plumes of feathers, that's about it.
I do phone a mate of mine at Filton to let him know, his folks are a bit partial to pheasant.
One day, I'll bag me a deer, lots of 'em on the Mendips.

Oh yeah, just had a thought, is it illegal to hunt deer with a Land Rover and a labrador?