PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow v. Edinburgh

Lon More
18th Nov 2004, 23:45
Q. What's the difference between Edinburgh and Glasgow>

A. Breeding; in Edinburgh breeding is very important - in Glasgow it's fun||

Q. What's the difference between Edinburgh Zoo and Glasgow Zoo?

A. Edinburgh Zoo has a description of the animal in front of the cage; Glasgow Zoo has a recipe.

A Glaswegian staying in an Edinburgh hotel phoned Room Service for some pepper.
"Would that be white pepper or black pepper Sir?"
"Naw, toilet pepper"

A guy went up to a woman in an Edinburgh nightclub and asked, "How do you like your eggs in the morning , darling?"
She blushed and said, "Well done."
The next night he went up to a woman in a Glasgow nightclub and asked, "How do you like your eggs in the morning , darling?"
"Unfertilised"

Lon More. Here before Pontius was a Pilot or Mortus a Rigger

Blackshift
19th Nov 2004, 01:00
The M8 is a sliding scale between religious bigotry and anglocentric snobbery.

Living halfway along it I get to be a bigot and a snob...I like to think it gives me a more balanced view of the world.

Ozzy
19th Nov 2004, 01:12
"There's more fun at a Glasgow funeral than there is at an Edinburgh wedding" :E

Ozzy

Jordan D
19th Nov 2004, 10:50
Easy there ... there's nothing wrong with us from (or studying) in Edinburgh ...

Jordan

B Fraser
19th Nov 2004, 11:29
As a "Bairn" fae Falkirk, I get to laugh at both extremes and still refer to their airports as Abbotsinch and Turnhouse.

Anyone fancy a pint in Falkirk on Friday Dec 3rd to help me celebrate turning 40 ? My good lady is a regular Ppruner and will be helping me through the crisis so why don't we turn it into a mini Pprune bash ?

:}

Stockpicker
19th Nov 2004, 11:50
Good one, Lon - though I was a bit doubtful about the Zoo one - surely yer average weegie wouldn't be interested unless the recipe said "deep fry"??

:}

PilotsPal
19th Nov 2004, 14:12
I must ask 10W his views on this subject - born in the east but did a runner to the west some time ago.

FunkyMunky
19th Nov 2004, 17:08
Am kinda smack-dab in the middle of the two places, what does that make me? :D

Cameronian
19th Nov 2004, 17:21
As a Weegie I'd have loved to B Fraser but I'm a bit far away now! Have a good time and I hope you don't remember too much about it later!!
It's just important to make sure that you feel no pain whatsoever!!

Mr Chips
19th Nov 2004, 22:02
Am kinda smack-dab in the middle of the two places, what does that make me?
Scottish???? :p

FunkyMunky
20th Nov 2004, 07:52
fair enough :ok:

tony draper
20th Nov 2004, 09:14
Didn't all the Scotts buggah off to Ireland and the Irish buggah off to Scotland at one time, tiz most confusing.
Reminds me of being on a ship at North Shields and watching the natives going about there business, one noted that every morning all the folks in North Shields seemed to board the Tyne Ferry cross the river and go to work in South Shields, whilst at the same time all the folks in South Shields seemed to board the other Tyne Ferry cross the river , and go to work in North Shields.
:rolleyes:

Blackshift
20th Nov 2004, 09:50
Ah...so you haven't heard of the great Caledonian wife swap during the mediaeval period?

ComJam
20th Nov 2004, 13:07
Aberdeen footie fans have a song summing up Weegies (to the tune of "you are my sunshine") :

"You are a Weegie, a dirty weegie

You're only happy, on Giro day

You're mum's a stealer, you're dads a dealer

So please don't take my hub-caps away..."

:D