PDA

View Full Version : STN - Enterprise House CarPark

TRon
18th Nov 2004, 18:57
I think most will notice the jump in the numbers of cars parking at Enterprise House carpark now Coopers End has closed as BAA are too cheap to run the Bus between it. (But by god that had to be a crap job.)

I heard a rumour that they were reclaiming Enterprise House carpark now to make it into Short Term Parking starting next year.

Staff will be expected to park in the Long Term and get the Pink Elephant Bus. Now I aint being funny, but those buses go round the houses Zone A-Z. I had to get that bus when I started and it was 25/35mins after I left the crewroom before I was at my car (when I found it!) Are we looking at another Gatwick fiasco with parking or am I listening to too many rumours?!

Cheers. TRon.

Musket90
18th Nov 2004, 19:54
There is no planning permission for Coopers End to be permanent hence the temporary surface and now closure. As for cheap BAA, like most of the airlines who operate into STN BAA have to strictly control costs and the very high cost of this service wouldn't be sutainable which I'm sure the low cost cost airlines would agree with 100%.

Given STN's annual passenger throughput and the strict planning controls on car parking it was only a matter fo time before staff parking became more remote. Passengers get priority when car parking areas are limited near the terminal. Same happens at LGW and LHR

FlyingIrishman
19th Nov 2004, 08:30
Cooper's End car park was an absolute disgrace! How the BAA justified charging £12 a month for the priviledge and then had the audacity to put big signs up saying that if anyone was found parked in there for longer than 48 hours would be towed away, is beyond me.
It's not as if they were short of space and surely using the car park for leaving the car when on holidays is part of the package that you pay for.

If it's true that the current car park will be moved to the long stay, then that's unbelievable. It takes long enough to get to the crew room from the Enterprise House car park let alone the long stay. To be safe, you would have to be at the car park 1 hour before report time, and no doubt the price for parking will go up still.

What a pathetic hole STN is starting at ID's then security jobsworths and car parks. Time to apply to move base...

outofsynch
19th Nov 2004, 12:40
I dont believe moving the staff to long stay will ever happen. I havent seen the short stay carpark full when I have visited.
The EH carpark is unsuitable for public, as there is no direct public access to terminal.... so I think it would cost BAA more than they could make, to use that space.
Just another rumour. :ok:

mickey71
20th Nov 2004, 22:47
the whole place is a joke!

surely not
21st Nov 2004, 11:59
Okay, I haven't worked full time at STN for a good few years but there were ways for you to get your views to the management of the BAA if you want to do more than just rant on here.

There used to be a reasonably strong AOC (Airport Operators Committee) which had representatives from the airlines and handling agents. They met with the Apt management to influence decisions on issues such as this. They didn't always get a decision revoked, but could at least get them amended to something a little less unworkable. Ask your management who your rep is and let them know your views.

If you have knowledge of security issues then let the AOC Security Committee know, or write to the BAA Security manager and ask for a meeting to discuss your concerns.

I'm hopeful (well a little bit) that some of you writing on here will do something positive to try to improve things.

Flightmech
22nd Nov 2004, 17:21
Been working at STN since '84 and in my opinion the BAA's general attitiude in all areas of security/operations is a complete joke. What makes them so special compared to other BAA airports i transit frequently. Travelling to the United States frequently i would rather take the TSA than the BAA, andthats saying someting!!

BAA=:yuk:

surely not
22nd Nov 2004, 18:47
you're having a laugh FM!! I visited a well known charter destination in Florida last year and could get airside without seeing security, and that was through the terminal!!!

Any one who works within the airport environment knows there are loop holes, but these are rarely noticeable to the general public until some *ickhead tips off a national newspaper. If things are that bad in the area you work, tell your company and get them to take it up with the BAA. If that fails write to the DfT.

Your choice.

VIKING9
22nd Nov 2004, 20:31
The STN AOC Commitee is just a joke. They spend all their time sitting round a table discussing what needs discussing but nothing comes out of the other end (apart from the obvious).

Where will the staff car park end up ? North side. Mark my words.