PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Fly HS748 ?

itchy kitchin
17th Nov 2004, 14:00
Sorry to mods if this is in the wrong place!

A pal of mine has asked me to put some feelers out for a HS748 pilot. He's going to work as a mechanic for this chap in Australia and apperently he needs someone to take the HS748 to Sudan and then possibly operate it from there for a while.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit vague, but I am not in possesion of all the details at the mo. The chap who's asked me to put feelers out is off to Africa in a couple of days, so send me a PM and I'll give you his email address and he'll fill you in with all the details. I have no idea what the minimum requirements are or anything like that, so don't ask me!!!

hobie
17th Nov 2004, 15:08
quote ....

"He's going to work as a mechanic for this chap in Australia and apparently he needs someone to take the HS748 to Sudan and then possibly operate it from there for a while"

My mother always told me not to talk to "Strange Men" ;)

airborne_artist
17th Nov 2004, 15:11
Don't tell me, they met each other in a pub?

DW11
17th Nov 2004, 15:23
748 crews are nocternal. Hang around Liverpool, Blackpool or just about any cargo shed in the UK for a night and you should bump into a few.

itchy kitchin
17th Nov 2004, 15:48
No, the person who is going to work as a mechanic is a good pal of mine and a reliable chap, so I am putting feelers out on his behalf. As I said, I know very little about the job, but can pass interested parties onto my friend who knows more about it.

Quote: My mother always told me not to talk to "Strange Men"

How do you think she met your Dad?

BUSHJEPPY
17th Nov 2004, 15:57
FYI

The Sudanese CAA implemented a ban on aircraft older than 20 years old, whether Sudanese registered or foreign. It is applicable since 15th of October 2004.

itchy kitchin
17th Nov 2004, 16:04
makes you wonder what they do for warbirds at their many and frequent displays...
...thanks for the tip though!
(probably a money making scam too!)

74Freight
17th Nov 2004, 17:31
I am sure that a large freight company based at Liverpool would do a deal for some crew if the price was right, speak to MOB.

hobie
17th Nov 2004, 17:43
IK ...... don't take my post too seriously, old chap ...... :p

as for "How do you think she met your Dad?"

well at the time my Father was Flying Fighters for a living, and killing lots and lots of people (well, as many as he could) .......

he probably did have to be a little strange to do that, but I promise you, it wasn't his idea .....
:ok:

chobecat
18th Nov 2004, 10:15
Executive aerospace, Johannesburg International Airport, have several 748's and with that come pilots.............might be worth contacting

http://www.aerospace.co.za/

;)

itchy kitchin
18th Nov 2004, 10:58
Thanks for the tips guys! a lot of stuff to go there - thanks...

hobie: no offence taken! Quote: well at the time my Father was Flying Fighters for a living, and killing lots and lots of people (well, as many as he could) .......

er... is that how they met? (only kidding!):ok:

redsnail
18th Nov 2004, 19:20
There was a HS748 operation by the name of Horizon Airlines based in Bankstown (Sydney, NSW) but that appears to have gone now. I thought they were owned by International Air Parts at Bankstown.