PDA

View Full Version : Twin Hire - Brisbane

The Bullwinkle
17th Nov 2004, 08:22
Does anybody know where I can hire a light twin in Brisbane for a reasonable rate?

Any help greatly appreciated.

BW

ravan
17th Nov 2004, 12:28
Duchess, Partenavia or Baron available at Flight Training Australia, Archerfield... don't know about the reasonable rates.... you'll have to ask.

puff
18th Nov 2004, 10:35
Whilst redcliffe is a good club for twins your in trouble, they only have a twin commanche which isn't available for hire...at Archerfield Hempels and Sunland have Seneca's, FTA has a Baron and Partenavia and Duchy, and the aeroclub has a Duchy and a Part also.

Prices not sure, but none at cheap, well over $300 an hour plus landing fees + GST. FTAs Baron is over $400 afaik

Jamair
20th Nov 2004, 10:41
Yeah, I did a bunch of training there and it's way better than AF. Good crowd of paid instructors who actually give a sh!t about what they do, particularly Kelly & Brendan. Good aeroplanes, well maintained and well kept. Good strip - no extended taxi times on your bill, you'll get REAL good at x-wind TO & LND. Good area, has PAL, is a CTAF but you can climb into CTA or CTZ overhead the field, as well as YBMC 15min north and the free ILS at OK 25 minutes west, & of course the AF GAAP. Gotta be the most visually enjoyable training area in Bris.

Also see Rick at Avalon Air Services at Caboolture, especially for IFR; good rates and OK aeroplanes.

Go a bit further afield and see Airco at Roma; good aeroplanes (including a couple of twins available for PVT hire), good rates and great training location/weather.

Oz Vegemite
22nd Nov 2004, 06:26
Bullwinkle, RQAC has 2 Be76, last time I hired on it was $275 per hour including all the relevant landing fees etc. I think Pn68 is about the same price,but I haven't used it.

Hope this helps.