PDA

View Full Version : NAS Beware!!!

capt kickback
16th Nov 2004, 20:50
*******Those of you out there who are thinking about joining the NAS(RUH) BBJ Operation PLEASE BEWARE!!!....It comes from several VERY reliable sources that this is a very Average operation!!.....The problems are * Changing the salary package after the Interview, to there benefit*Shoddy accomodation(below standard during your 35day rotation)...this is important as you very rarely fly & you are stuck in Riyadh*late payment of per diems & claims(some personel waiting for up to 3-4 months)*they also dont tell you that when you start you are only paid 50US a day, until you are checked to line, which can take between 30-90 days(no flying) and then you must stay and start your 35 day rotation *poor management across all levels & of course the shrinking US dollar against all other major currencies!!....these are but a few of the problems with this operation.......Buyer Beware........

crazy_max
22nd Nov 2004, 15:49
Hey Kickback.

Do you think this goes on also with their operation at Net Jets ME in JED?
I have an interview coming up with them soon, so this is of interest to me.
Take care...

OnnoBulk
25th Nov 2004, 00:38
What are their minimums? I have no turbine time, still they sent me an application. Is it worthwhile to fill it out? (I understand that there are poor conditions there, but having been unemployed for over a year is no fun either!)

Thx

guest100
8th Mar 2005, 23:13
does any have any info on getting a job as aircrew in iraq/afghanistan?

JJflyer
9th Mar 2005, 01:38
Nothing new under the sun... SSDD in the Kingdom of Boredom. Guess the Saudis have this as their standard "Modus Operandi". It took em a year to finally pay what they owed me, and not all of it naturally, so the ba.stards still owe me money. However thats not to say that all of the VIP operators are scum, just most of them:yuk:

JJ:E

medium
22nd Oct 2005, 23:22
hear quite a lot of rumours about safety at NAS like poor training standards of airbus crews in Amman.

I was told that arab management pilots do have big problems handling this airplane (scaring everybody in the back).

... would like to hear more about it

MASsenger
24th Oct 2005, 06:33
I worked in Q8 for 10years. This is an almost all Airbus Airline. I must say the drivers had good standards. While they were on time paymasters, however, the Arab Management is probably one of the worst although I hear some African one`s even top them. Again I should not generalize, but be aware of NAS. As a general rule in the with the small companies in the M.E., you will generally not see what you are promised. Even if it is on paper, there are some that will blatantly flog the law. As an expiate you may have very little recourse. So my advise to you is to only take the job if you need build hrs. for next to nothing. There is also the possibility you might not get the hrs. nor the money!!!

capt kickback
24th Oct 2005, 18:59
Very well put.....you will not build hours at NAS on the BBJ operation, but you will on the Airbus. the safety standards are poor across the board, as they say in the classics you pay peanuts and you get poor training!!.....NAS is about Saudi management lining there pockets with gold as the shareholders are throwing pots of gold at the operation!!!......it will not be long before there is an incident?.....

MASsenger
25th Oct 2005, 02:13
Having said what I said, in your case OnnoBulk, since you are out of pocket at the moment & no jet time, you might want give it a try. I hope you are single & prepared to slug it out. You know, bite the bullet to get some jet hours. You`ve got to eat humble pie, but only till you build some hours, which we have already discussed depends if you get on the Airbus or the BBJ. If you don`t like it, just get off at the next transit! Give them a bit of their own medicine, I`d like to see the sheik’s face when he is told he has to wait as his pilot is missing. Good luck buddy!

10002level
26th Oct 2005, 07:57
Anybody got any details of when the exec A340 that NAS are to operate is to be delivered?

Kent BeTrue
28th Oct 2005, 02:39
Last I heard It Was 2 B747-400's for the Riyadh - Jeddah Shuttle. javascript:smilie(':D')

crazy_max
28th Oct 2005, 13:28
NOPE, yes there is a A340 coming.
VIP config based in DMM for a VVIP.
NAS managed.

GTJDS
9th Nov 2005, 14:59
A340 not comming cancelled!