PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help

djchandler
16th Nov 2004, 13:30
Ehila i'm gonna take seleccions in astraeus can you give me full details of the process of seleccio especially the technical questions??? (how are,,,examples ecc.))

Thanks a lot.

djchandler
16th Nov 2004, 15:32
Can you try to speak more clear cos i don't understand you.... :ooh:

djchandler
16th Nov 2004, 15:53
Thi is the programme

i don't know what to do ....

:(
This is a part of an email that global aviation s solution sent me:

On successful completion of the course we will be submitting your
details to our partner airline. Our partner airlines have approved our
training programme and are happy to take pilots off the programme having
completed the 10 sectors of line training only that the programme
provides for you.

You may be contracted (employed) directly by the airline, which is most
likely or the airline may want us to employ you and supply you to them
on a contract basis. It really depends on what the airline requires at
the time.

Our partner airlines include Excel Airways, Astraeus, Ryanair and Air
Asia.

Cap Loko
16th Nov 2004, 17:50
......depends where you like to work.

They do have partner airlines and in fact all their students (except for 5 out of 50 or so) found employment as a pilot.
At the moment all their partner airlines are based in the UK except AA of to which they said are delivering something like 8 pilots a month.
If you decide to give it a try be warned though. Their tests are not easy (and some of the questions are too UK aviation minded).

Overall seems to be one of the better programs and the included sector hours are definately a plus.

PA-28 CLOUD SURFER
16th Nov 2004, 18:43
Have you got a link for this 'GLOBAL(aviations sol) please, i don't really get who the company are?

cheers

djchandler
17th Nov 2004, 08:34
Thanks a lot CAp LOKO! i'll do it!

Before you 've asked me : "it depends where you like to work"= It doesn't matter!

:)

let's see how the seleccion are and of course if i pass.

Then...i'll made up my mind!

djchandler
17th Nov 2004, 12:37
THE TEST OF AERONAUTICAL KNOWLEGDE ARE SIMILIRA TO ATPL ONE?

MORE O LESS IS HIGH THE PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE THAT PASSES THIS ASSESSMENT''??

Sorry if i'm strssing you but i'm trying to understand a lot os things.

Cap Loko
17th Nov 2004, 14:25
The test is certainly at ATPL levels. You can also expect some (2-3) questions like: what is the identifier of this or that airport in England. (So if you are from the mainland you will be a bit handicapped). All questions are multiple choice.
You will have other tests too concerning: maths, abstract figures, personality. Most people pass the written tests I believe.
After the written test is a simcheck. You will get the procedures/s.o.p's before you go to England.
By the way the program is as far as I know a GLOBAL/STORM Aviation combination.
Another word of advise: work a bit on your English. You will probably be assesed on this one too. It doesn't have to be perfect (mine isn't either) but by reading your posts I can see some work that have to be done.

good luck!

ps. regarding the 'handicapped' questions you will also have to convert some typical English units like yards to an aviation unit.

djchandler
17th Nov 2004, 16:38
THanks a lot for your advices...

the only thing is that if i passed the tests,i'd be afraid about the programs , cos in italy there 're similar things and are not reliable at any time.

dj