PDA

View Full Version : Tom @ Cvt

holidaymax
15th Nov 2004, 16:46
Does anyone know whats happening with Thomsonfly @ Coventry as regards routes ending. Looking on the website shows that they are ending flights to eight of the destinations around the end of March/start of April.

Are they ending flights at the airport or are the planes being transferred to the new routes at Doncaster and Bournemouth?

Jamesair
15th Nov 2004, 17:31
Could just mean that Thomsonfly haven't put the summer flights on sale yet. After all, Easyjet has just started to market some of its summer flights this weekend.

Don't despair yet:D

Arbottle
15th Nov 2004, 18:07
I don't think they're giving up, as they've just submitted a planning application for ANOTHER new terminal that's 3 times the size of the one refused in September! I think they're going for "Outline" planning permission as opposed to detailed permission, presumably because they haven't actually had anyone design a terminal yet.

we_never_change
15th Nov 2004, 18:44
I think Jamesair is correct, i'd expect some of the routes crrently being offered to be replaced with more "sunshine routes"

WNC

FLYboh
15th Nov 2004, 20:10
TOM summer 2005 goes on sale in early December. Thats also when flights from the two new bases will be available for booking.

TOM have just opened booking on certain routes from COV so the rest will be launched in December. Don't worry:ok:

jabird
15th Nov 2004, 20:13
Some routes are available 12 months ahead - presumably in response to Lite @ BHX. But they'll always keep options open on other routes - maybe see how winter loads go. For example, ALC & VLC are pretty close to each other. They've pioneered VLC, and lots of other locos have followed, whereas ALC is obviously much more established - but would they really need to serve both long term.

The "size" of the terminal does appear to be more about facilities within the building - customs have requested much more space, and presumably they've decided to exploit retail opportunities a little more - who wouldn't, that's how airports make much of their revenue these days. I don't see them trying anything beyond the cap of 2m pax per year as per the White Paper, as the current terminal has caused enough fuss as it is.

CVT has come on a long way in its first season of operating, and I'm sure there will be more opportunities in the pipeline.

javier.mjv
16th Nov 2004, 10:16
Hi there!

Does anybody know if TOM is planning to add MJV to its network?
Currently there are not many airlines including Murcia to their destinations net, perhaps they´re waiting till the new runway and controll tower have been built to get the so highly beloved morning slots.
I work at the airport and everyday many people come over and make queries about Easyjet plans or Thomsonfly.

Thank u.

we_never_change
16th Nov 2004, 18:49
MyTravel (Lite) already operate to MJV out of Birmingham (just down the road from Coventry) with an A320, not that sure that this will be served by Thomsonfly from Coventry.

WNC

eurostar builder
17th Nov 2004, 15:09
Is it true that Thompsonfly are recieving a 737-300 from Ryanair.

we_never_change
17th Nov 2004, 18:31
Yup, Thomsonfly (no P!) is getting at least one (if not more) of the ex Ryanair/Buzz/Continental B733s. bmi baby are also getting a couple of the ex Buzz B733s

WNC