PDA

View Full Version : NAC ATPL GSchool Distance learning

Zob La Mouche
15th Nov 2004, 15:44
Does anyone of you have experienced the Naples Air Center ATPL groundschool through the distance learning course?

raceeend
15th Nov 2004, 19:50
I'm Doing the Naples DL course right now and I can tell you that all the books are realy great! Service and support is great!

Now I only need more time to study :-) But realy it is fun to do.

Greetings from the Netherlands

André

Zob La Mouche
15th Nov 2004, 20:56
Thanks André! Well everything sounds great.

However, will you have to do the brush up course in the US or is there any option to work on it in Europe? (I'm not sure maybe in Irland?).

Cheers mate

smith
16th Nov 2004, 09:13
I know that you can do brush up courses and pay for them at most schools independently of wheather you took the notes from there. I dont know if this will satisfy the course requirements check with Chris Neaves there. You can of course sit the exams anywhere i.e. Gatwick, Glasgow, FL etc.

However that was what appealed to me, three weeks in sunny Florida for the brush up and the exams seemed much more appealing to Bristol or Glasgow in the middle of November (not that I have anything against these great cities or their courses) I just fancied the idea some sunshine while brushing up.

Charlie Zulu
16th Nov 2004, 11:03
My grandfather enrolled me onto the module one of the NAC ATPL Distance Learning course at the end of May this year and am currently about a third of the way through the course.

I would say that the manuals are fantastic, online support great with forums and direct one on one tutor contact. Questions and queries are all answered very promptly and in detail within the online forums.

Progress tests and assessments are all taken online with results available instantly.

I too preferred the idea of three weeks in Florida for the exams, not just because of the sun but more importantly I would be away from everyday distractions and family worries that being at home or near to home would endure at a time when I shall be concentrating fully on the exams in hand.

I have had a couple of months off recently due to various factors, in the last couple of weeks I have been going through the books to get back up to speed with where I was when I left off with the intention of starting this weekend just gone.

However this hasn't happened as my grandfather has passed away on friday (he has been great to me in the many different aspects of life, including support for my flying), thus would not be able to concentrate on anything including the studies.

I shall be starting back next week, after the funeral.

These ATPL exams are going to be passed in memory of my grandfather as well as for my chosen career. I just wish I had the head for figures and maths that he once did.

All the best,

Richard Thomas

PS. Yes I may be jumped on for being "pro-NAC" once again but I just can't help it as I for one haven't had a bad experience there.

pda1
16th Nov 2004, 17:25
Charlie zulu,
Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather.
Best of luck with your studies at NAC.

Kind regards

pda1

smith
17th Nov 2004, 05:53
CZ

Yeah getting away from distractions was one of my reasons too, but then again I could have done that in Bristol too. A little bit of palm trees around was what sold it too me.

As the notes are new, have noticed a lot of stupid typographical errors, a bit annoying as some of them can confuse you where as others are blatantly obvious. Important to notify the school straight away as they will immediately update the notes.