PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for the result of a class 1 initial medical to come out?

allwerp
15th Nov 2004, 15:34
How long does it take for the result of a class 1 initial medical to come out?

The Greaser
15th Nov 2004, 17:25
In the UK not long. Mine was on my doorstep the morning after my exam.

POL.777
15th Nov 2004, 17:34
Mine was at least 3 weeks on the way...

UnderneathTheRadar
15th Nov 2004, 17:58
Do you mean 'result' or 'certificate'?

I knew the result there and then, the certificate took a week (did the medical 11 days ago).

HTH

UTR.

allwerp
15th Nov 2004, 18:43
erm...both..i want to know this so that i will know the approximate timing to call MAS to get to know my med results..

EINN
15th Nov 2004, 20:12
I did mine 2 weeks ago now and still no word. If you did fail something during the medical would they tell you straight away or do they let the relevant aviation authority break the news to you?

IDENTING
15th Nov 2004, 20:42
I had to wait at least 3 weeks for mine too, the longer you wait the more you think they have discovered something wrong with you, like being a retard. Luckily that was just left for my flying instructor to find out. You definitely wouldn't find out the next day coz it takes at least a week for all your fluids and the tests to be analyzed. Dont quite know what they're looking for when they grab your balls though

quifflegend
16th Nov 2004, 02:48
yeah the ball grabbing part isnt the best, had my medical and was told at reception that i would receive notification of the result in around two weeks time, which i did (when the certificate came through the door). If there is something wrong with you, they tell you there and then in most cases, obviously not the stuff that needs sending away for testing. Isn't all doom and gloom though, my mate found out he had right bundle branch block or something like that and had to visit the cardiologist, after a consultation and a few tests he has since had his medical renewed twice now, so dont worry if something is wrong first time, sometimes theres light at the end of the tunnel.