PDA

View Full Version : Thread Deletion - "What is it with you heavy guys"

The Matirx
15th Nov 2004, 13:20
Dear Woomeri.

I was wondering if you could inform the D&G readership as to the reasons behind your recent deletion of the thread which talked about 'heavy' jet pilots giving each other a hard time on this BBS.

I am hoping it had nothing to do with my query as to the possibility of 'data matching' of IP addresses between this forum and qrewroom as the cause of a number of frontings of line pilots to the QF CP

respectfully submitted.

The Matirx

swh
15th Nov 2004, 15:37
You mean this thread Topic: "Heavy Drivers" Whats the problem? (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135025) ?

:rolleyes:

Woomera
15th Nov 2004, 20:34
It's exactly where it always was! :*

john_tullamarine
15th Nov 2004, 20:42
It is worth noting that site policy is NOT to delete threads although, if considered appropriate, they may be transferred to a restricted part of the site for adjudication by the folk at the top of the totem pole or, indeed, locked to prevent further posts.

Be aware that the most likely cause of thread deletion is the original poster deleting his/her first post .. ie the first post in the thread. This bins the thread in toto and, if the thread happened to be interesting ... is a source of great frustration to everyone.

bonvol
15th Nov 2004, 21:30
I must admit I thought the same thing Matirx.

Then I had a look around and there it was in Questions. Could have sworn it was once in the main forum :confused:

Woomera
16th Nov 2004, 00:10
The Matirx sic :}

I am hoping it had nothing to do with my query as to the possibility of 'data matching' of IP addresses between this forum and qrewroom as the cause of a number of frontings of line pilots to the QF CP

Absolutely unequivocally not possible for there to be data matching of IPs unless there are seriously good hackers employed by the QF CP, :rolleyes: in the most unlikely event of which, a Federal offence will have been committed which would make it quite hard to avoid a career threatening "explain" from GOD.

The IPs are logged blind to users and not traceable with commercial and publicly available programmes.

Were we to find evidence of hacking thereof we would have absolutely no hesitation in blowing the whistle as everything and all activity is logged.

Another Woomera.

DutchRoll
16th Nov 2004, 19:59
Jeepers Matrix!

You can easily enough find out the domain to which an IP address belongs to (eg, mail1.bigpond.com) , but that doesn't tell you anything about who is using it. For that you need the full cooperation of the ISPs or domain name hosts as well. This is the exclusive territory of very serious hackers or law enforcement agencies. Also, for those who use dialup, the server generally assigns an IP address which may vary each time they log in.

Aside from being illegal unless it's part of a Police investigation, ISPs and Bulletin Boards have no interest (it would destroy their business) in helping individuals such as the QF CP find out who a particular poster is.

If someone has matched an individual to certain posts, it is highly likely a coincidence, or the result of carelessness or stupidity by that individual (eg, cutting & pasting the same post from an anonymous forum into a fully identified forum, bragging about it to your mates, or something silly like that).

The Enema Bandit
18th Nov 2004, 01:28
The Matird is a very negative character. Shades of Fartsock....

one ball
19th Nov 2004, 09:04
THE Enema Bandit, when have YOU ever contributed anything positive, yourself?

And why do you have such an unhealthy obsession with all things anal or emerging from...

IE:

Matird

Fartsock

Arseholio

Enema

You've got some seri-arse issues. Yorat wat.

:rolleyes:

OzExpat
19th Nov 2004, 13:12
Seems that there's no chance of there ever being such thing as a sensible, reasoned debate in here. :sad:

Woomera
19th Nov 2004, 14:14
OzExpat mate, sadly, quite so the natives are restless tonight. click!