PDA

View Full Version : Ezy To Base At Man

eggc
15th Nov 2004, 08:21
Rumours are rife....are EZY to open MAN base very soon ???

Will this be the begining of the end of EZY at LPL ???

are is it all a load of sh*t, or is there no smoke without fire ???

does anybody know the REAL story...

ezy733
16th Nov 2004, 08:01
THERES NO SMOKE OR FIRE END OF STORY

loveJet
16th Nov 2004, 10:29
its because they're talking to MAN about launching a BOH base

Ben Evans
16th Nov 2004, 16:51
EZY will never go to Bournemouth and never go to Manchester. Liverpool, Bristol and Gatwick ably cover those catchments.

Manchester is a congested poorly run hell hole and Bournemouth is at the end of a very long road and has a shed without a cash machine. Let the eccentrics of Baby and ThompsonFly fester at these also-ran missed-the-boat-some-years-ago 'low cost' airports.

FLYboh
16th Nov 2004, 17:21
Hey Ben Evans, who rattled your cage?

Re My lovely BOH airport. The terminal could never be described as a shed. More of a well furnished large house. Oh and by the way. You must have mist all the press re BOH's cash point. Its inside to boot, so you don't have to get wet.

Also it's Thomsonfly, without a P

You must need your head read if you think its a pleasure to fly from any of Londons airports. They're congested, over crowded and this all leeds to a stressfull situation. Give me a small regional airport anyday!:ok:

Ben Evans
16th Nov 2004, 18:05
The terminal is a shed. The cash machine was out of order this afternoon.

ThompsonFly was a nasty little tropical afflication wiped out by DDT - much like the airline of a similar name will be.

As for regional airports I think you'll find easyJet are the UK's biggest provider of regional airport air transport. By some considerable margin. Whilst still being the largest London based shorthaul airline.

Manchester is too expensive too congested and too inefficient to support EZY style ops. BOH simply to parochial to support 5+ 737/319 aircraft. The second division LCA's may well be tempted to set up a limited operations though. Suprises me that Jet2 haven't.

ManofMan
16th Nov 2004, 18:14
Quote Ben Evans !!

Manchester is too expensive too congested and too inefficient to support EZY style ops
Manchester is a congested poorly run hell hole

Ben, could you possibly take two minutes to explain to us all why EZY could not run from Manchester yet JET 2 are now to fly to 11 destinations from EGCC, whats more I hear that by the time they have finished with there current expansion plans they intend to have 12+ aircraft based a Manchester.

It might be a tad congested due to the number of airline falling over themsleves to operate from it but a hell-hole it aint.

If EZY wanted to fly ex Man there is nothing to stop them.

If it works for Jet2 it sure as hell would work for EZY.

gayrugbybloke
16th Nov 2004, 18:49
I bet you work for EZY, don't you? Same old bull from their employees every time - anybody would have thought that Liverpool Airport was gold plated and built from platinum bricks. You talk about easyJet like they are your parents! Get a life!

From what I hear on the rumour mill at MAN, EZY are well down the road to starting services fro m MAN, and if they do I hope they make a success of it.

we_never_change
16th Nov 2004, 18:57
Should Easyjet begin any Manchester services, I doubt EZY will be flying FROM Manchester, more likely TO it using aircraft from other bases.

WNC

PPRuNe Pop
16th Nov 2004, 19:07
Take note!

We do NOT allow bad language to creep in to any thread. We do NOT allow those who are so self-opinionated that they rubbish other peoples views.

We do, of course, have the tools to curtail your vitriol so be warned.

Back to topic and with everybody's views welcome. Get the idea?

The Scarlet Pimpernel
16th Nov 2004, 19:43
Quote Ben Evans !!

Manchester is too expensive too congested and too inefficient to support EZY style ops
Manchester is a congested poorly run hell hole

Substitute the word Manchester for Gatwick and what do you have? An EZY base!! Only a matter of time then...

The Greaser
16th Nov 2004, 20:24
Actually I think that Gatwick is generally a very efficient airport, certainly the few times I have operated into there. As for Manchester, I think it could be very profitable for EZY. Liverpool recently is getting very bad press within the company for amongst other things very poor ground handling. Maybe its time to start reducing operations at LPL.

chiglet
16th Nov 2004, 20:28
EZY will never go to Bournemouth and never go to Manchester. Liverpool, Bristol and Gatwick ably cover those catchments
I didn't get an "O" level in geography, but do Bristol and Gatwick have the same catchment that Bournemouth has?
Manchester "catchment" like it or not is "Regional" , ie Brum[ish] to Carlisle[ish]-Merseyside[ish] to Yorks/Lincon[ish]
Liverpool [unfortunately] is a "Local" airport. [Don't get me wrong, I've worked at LPL, and thoroughly enjoyed it] But the facts are that MAN will get the lions share of the traffic.
One thing that the supporters/promotors of LPL forget.....The more traffic, the more the slot system delays the said traffic.
I don't know the facts and figures, but I bet that VLM have had "some" delays entering the London TMA

gayrugbybloke
16th Nov 2004, 22:18
I for one wish BOH all the luck in the world - it's a great part of the UK and worthy of a range of decent services. It says on the Bournemouth website that it is the most popular place in teh UK after London for foreigners to learn English in....

loveJet
17th Nov 2004, 09:15
yes it is quite a cool place to be..

Its the inbound potential at BOH that is the draw.

anyway, if econd class low cost airlines (in the words of Ben Evans) can make places like BOH work, then imagine what easyJet could do from them.

Get my point Ben Evans?!

ps; i used to work for them and they aint that good to ya! maybe they have changed their mission statement to: we must be more like a family

kick the tires
18th Nov 2004, 07:56
mark my words....... 3 aircraft will be removed from Liverpool Airport (which doesnt have nor wish to invest in the infrastructure to support the current easy fleet size)....... and relocated to Manchester. Prob 319's.

gayrugbybloke
18th Nov 2004, 09:41
Any odea when though, Kick?

dwlpl
18th Nov 2004, 10:08
Yes come on by what date?

squibbler
18th Nov 2004, 10:50
3 aircraft will be removed from Liverpool Airport (which doesnt have nor wish to invest in the infrastructure to support the current easy fleet size)....... and relocated to Manchester. Prob 319's

Hmm interesting. There are no A319's based at Liverpool. Care for a re-think?

Speedbird777heavy
18th Nov 2004, 11:56
If this is the case, how will EZY overcome the clause in the long term contract held with LPL, that states at least 8 a/c to be based at LPL from summer 2005.

eggc
18th Nov 2004, 12:13
Maybe EZY will have 8 based A/C at LPL, but planned future expansion from there will be from MAN ??

I regularly pass thru LPL and it cannot handle what EZY do there now - speaking as a passenger - LPL is looks nice but is very poor on many fronts and i dont know not a lot about EZY's concerns of ground handling to add...

Maybe this is the plan...keep LPL to the minimum...expand from MAN

Just a thought

Speedbird777heavy
18th Nov 2004, 12:24
Yes, agreed, but plans are in the pipeline to expand LPL (again!). Perhaps expansion of the terminal will come hand in hand with more route commitment from EZY, who knows!

I wish this debate of `will they` or `won`t they` transfer some/all/none of their LPL ops would be settled once and for all. If I was a LPL EZY employee I think all this idle speculation would be making me feel quite uneasy (no pun intended!)

eggc
18th Nov 2004, 12:28
with new aircraft arriving on a regular basis, i think EZY are constantly looking to expand...EVERYWHERE....probably including LPL ( or MAN ?? )

aeulad
18th Nov 2004, 12:42
I am finding it really hard to believe that EZY will set up at MAN. I mean there are'nt that many markets not already served by exisiting low fares operators at MAN, especially now that the likes of Air Berlin, Jet2 and bmibaby are on the scene.

Regards

Mike

Speedbird777heavy
18th Nov 2004, 12:52
True, saturation point can`t be far off, at least for the main leisure markets. However, with EZY expanding through Eastern Europe now it`s surely only a matter of time before they open some of these new routes from the regions rather than from LTN/STN/LGW.

However, EZY have perhaps missed the boat to a certain extent at LPL, with WZZ and FR jumping into their shoes on such prime destinations as BUD/WAW and BGY/CIA.

dwlpl
18th Nov 2004, 12:53
EZY's concerns of ground handling Well if thats the case, then why does not EZY move handling companies or start their own operation as they do at LTN.

Also, EZY does have plans to INCREASE its destinations from Liverpool, including to destination(s) not currently on its network.

gayrugbybloke
18th Nov 2004, 13:39
Manchester has no loco operators serving the following destinations:

Paris
Rome
Madrid
Amsterdam
Frankfurt
Brussels
Warsaw
Copenagen
Milan
Stockholm
Riga
Naples

So as for saturation point...I think not!

lagerlout
18th Nov 2004, 14:16
I believ EZY will look at moving into manchetser. Possibly to do with ryanair wishing to expand in LPL

aeulad
18th Nov 2004, 14:16
I would kinda argue with that. BA has some excellent fares to Paris, Rome, Madrid, Amsterdam and Milan. The only ones out of that list that I see as having potential are Paris, Rome, Madrid, Amsterdam, Milan and Rome. Riga is served by Air Baltic and Copenhagen by Maersk.

Regards

Mike

Speedbird777heavy
18th Nov 2004, 15:26
gayrugbybloke,

sorry, by saturation point, I should have expanded on the regions concerned - namely the Spanish Costas, Majorca and the south of France - all huge leisure markets, all served adequately from LPL and MAN. Your list is also mainly made up of national capitals, while not denying there is no leisure demand for these routes, there will always be a higher demand for the business traveller here.

gayrugbybloke
18th Nov 2004, 19:37
announcement about what????

Vuelo
19th Nov 2004, 06:00
what time is this 'announcement' due then?

cbt_bear_MAN
19th Nov 2004, 15:50
Vuelo, check out Manchester Happenings forum 0 they have announced the slots they have applied for so they say.....

Looks like it might be true after all!

eggc
19th Nov 2004, 15:57
13 routes with 19 daily departures !!!!

cbt_bear_MAN
19th Nov 2004, 16:00
wow thats some coup for MAplc if it is true!

eggc
19th Nov 2004, 16:03
how many a/c would this involve ???