PDA

View Full Version : FlyGlobespan

screw fix diret
14th Nov 2004, 15:28
I am looking for a brief on FlyGlobespan. Authoritive info on where they came from (old Cougar AOC but is it the same company) , what there employment package and salaries are typically and the reality of their stated ambitions (World domination) against the reality of such ambition.
I understand they have ordered 3 new 738's which go for about $65M, but if they should expand into long haul what are they intending to operate (Air Atlanta?). Do we think that Scotland will provide a big enough customer base for LH ops or are they going to have to expand south of the border)like the Bay City Rollers did?

Thanks in anticipation,

SFD

Engineer
14th Nov 2004, 20:12
Hear a rumour that the guy who owns it is looking to get back into long haul ops again with a DC10

Reverb
15th Nov 2004, 07:29
I heard that flyGlobespam were looking at LH and purchasing the old DC10's from My Travel. I suppose there seems some logic and north of the border would certainly have a good, but limited LH market.

R

Engineer
15th Nov 2004, 12:29
Not sure is it will be the 10-10s at Kemble Heard that the first of them were on its way south this week

Dengue_Dude
7th Dec 2004, 15:22
At least two of the 3 MYT -10s are now in South Africa.

Rumour was the FE had some booster cushions fitted as a local mod.

So it can only really be the -30 that would fit the bill as it can do Florida/Cancun/Caribbean direct with a full load.

The -10 has to tech stop which with the US Point of Entry restrictions is a pain in the ears (anagram).