PDA

View Full Version : Logging of Simulator time

J0N0
14th Nov 2004, 01:56
Hi wondering about logging (full motion) simulator time for an endorsement. Does it get logged in the normal part of the log book or only in the back at the "Flight simulator, Synthetic trainer and in-flight instrument experience" (ATC logbook) Just spent time looking through the CAO/R's but couldn't find mention of it in there. Thanks in advance....

chimbu warrior
14th Nov 2004, 06:31
As far as I am aware, if you didn't do a walkaround, and didn't say g'day to the refueller, it goes in the back of the book. CASA does however recognise certain types of simulators (level D I think) as comparable to the aircraft for training and endorsement purposes.

Good luck.

AerocatS2A
14th Nov 2004, 09:23
From the front of my Air Services Australia logbook:

'Ground' Time. Instrument flight time conducted in an approved flight simulator or synthetic trainer may be recorded in the Instrument 'Ground' column. For a more detailed record use the section provided at the rear of the logbook.

So it goes in the ground section at the front (which is not included in your total flight time) and also at the back if you want to show more detail.

As long as you don't try and include it in your total flight time it doesn't matter where you put it.

Just to expand, it would seem that the \'ground\' column is only for sim IF flying, any VMC sim flying goes at the back and does not get transferred to any columns at the front:

Flight Simulator & Synthetic Trainer Experience practice may be recorded in the section provided at the rear of the logbook. The instrument flight element of the simulator time may be transferred to the \'Ground\' column of the Instrument section of the Logbook Record.