PDA

View Full Version : Reading Pprune threads

Flypro
13th Nov 2004, 17:40
Why is it that every so often the text is wider than the computer screen (a current example being 'Reports coming in' in Jet Blast) causing me to have to scroll left & right to read a full line of script????:confused:

Tinstaafl
13th Nov 2004, 17:57
Probably an image in someone's post that is wider than your browser's window width. The BB software sizes the page to fit the widest object in a post. That has the effect that everyone's posts are at least as wide as the post that contains the limiting object.

The BB software uses the full width available to fit each paragraph of text so a largish paragraph (or sentence, for that matter) will extend off your browser's screen.

BOAC
13th Nov 2004, 18:27
Flypro - if you are using IE, try playing with 'view'/Text size' for those problem posts.

Flypro
13th Nov 2004, 21:11
Many thanks Tinstaafl & BOAC - both the cause and the solution:ok:

dusk2dawn
13th Nov 2004, 21:17
Flypro , it is most likely your browsers iterpretation of the HTML coming out of PPRuNe's servers. If you don't like IE then try a late Mozilla or its bleeding edge siebling the Firefox - that took care of the same problem for me.

Tinstaafl , you got a genuine bluenose certificate ?

Tinstaafl
14th Nov 2004, 18:44
Er....you've lost me, I'm afraid. A 'bluenose certificate'? :confused: Not heard that phrase before.

I use either Windoze XP & Linux, Opera & Konqueror, if that's material?

3 seconds later in a blinding flash of realisation...

Were you referring to my former location somewhere north of Scotland & the balmy climate there? I'm now resident in Florida. Altogether *much* more civilised temperatures!