PDA

View Full Version : Where to train?

russell_dq
13th Nov 2004, 14:26
I'm looking to start a jaa atpl course but i've no idea which company I should train with, there are so many companies that it's difficult to know who is the best. I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has or is in the process of completing a jaa atpl course. Which company should I use? What are the prospects after completion of securing employment?

GMIMA
13th Nov 2004, 15:24
My advice is go and have alook at all the schools u r thinking of attending, have a chat to the students who are there and get the general jist.

i went to epta and would recommend a visit.

u will find people will have good and bad things to say about most schools.

good luck!!

JB007
13th Nov 2004, 20:37
If your doing a modular course, when you get to the flying stage then i would recommend PAT @ Bournemouth

I had a fantastic, very enjoyable and very good value for money experience.

FBOZH
14th Nov 2004, 16:42
Try Triple A Flying out of Humberside. Pay Mike a visit. It's a small outfit but the training is top notch, lots of guys coming out of it have been very successful recently(now flying 737s)

GMIMA
14th Nov 2004, 18:43
Strongly suggest you tap in Tripple A into the search engine on here.

if my memory is correct therfe was a post called tripple A = tripple the cost.

WX Man
14th Nov 2004, 20:26
I did a full time groundschool course with BCFT in Bournemouth, and was very happy with them (1st time passes in all 14, nothing below 87%). For distance learning, I personally would have gone with GTS in Bournemouth.

I have a friend who's doing distance learning with Bristol, and he got first time passes in the first 8 subjects after knuckling down to study, doing it in 3 months. Another friend studies with LMU full time, and he's pretty happy with them.

I then did an FAA CPL and IR with Riverside Flight Centre in Oklahoma, who I cannot recommend highly enough. I converted my IR with BCFT, and this was very good experience indeed.

The only thing I'm disappointed with was the CPL conversion I did, which was at NAC in Naples, FL. The instruction was pretty good, but the management at NAC made the whole experience 'challenging'. With the benefit of hindsight I would have converted with Oxford out in Phoenix.

MCC at Oxford on the 737-400, which was an excellent course. I also considered the MCC at BCFT, but couldn't find anyone as a training partner.