PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Lifestyle?

Naval Lint
13th Nov 2004, 10:50
Hi everyone. Anyone from Easterns out there willing to share what your job/lifestyle is really like?

Specifically:

1/ What are the rosters like out of the different ports?
2/ How many hours a week/day?
3/ What are the rosters like on weekends (ie start/finish)?
4/ How many days a week do you get off/reserve etc?
5/ Do you do many layovers?
6/ What ports do you usually layover at?
7/ On a layover what are the sign-on times like for the next day? (ie. are there any good layover ports?)
8/ Usual Sign-On/Sign-Off times?

Realistically how long would it take to get a command? (i've heard between 2 to 10 years!)
What is company morale like amongst the crews?
Are things generally improving with time, or getting worse?
Are they likely to open up any other ports as pilot bases?

There has been a lot of interviewing going on lately - any word on likely ground school dates.

Is there anyone out there waiting for a start date?

Cheers to all who reply.

hoss
14th Nov 2004, 09:28
I'll have a try at answering some of your questions. These are some figures and info from my current roster(28 days). 126 duty hours, 53 flight hours, 9 days off, 4 overnights, 4 reserves, 2 days doing my annual EPS/CRM revalidation and 1 cyclic(sim). My earliest sign on time is 0530 and my latest is 1430(note*usually have sign on/off to co-incide with 'off peak' traffic also 1 weekend per month rostered off.)

Overnighting is fairly straight forward, sign off around 2000 sign on at about 0600 (last flight in, first flight out).

Overnight destinations are BNA CH ARM TW PMQ WLM DU CB WG AY ML(SY based). DPO WYY and maybe MIA??? for ML/MIA based.

So many things changing a 'dynamic industry'.

Good luck, hoss:)

Hugh Jarse
14th Nov 2004, 21:09
Hoss you must be in the rotating block, you lucky %^&@ :}

I have approx 125 hrs duty in the current roster (excluding reserves, 3 days). Reserve days are usually flying days for me at the moment, so add about another 20 hrs duty and 15 flight.

41 hrs flying, plus about 25 in a dark, isolated environment:E

5 overnights, of which 4 are CAO48 minimum rest:yuk:

8 RDO's of which 2 are split:mad: and includes 1 weekend:mad:

Time to command as Hoss wrote, but I expect quite a few resignations from Capts over the next few months (if the rumour mill is correct) should bring the wait back towards the 2 year mark.

Morale? Errrrrmmmm....no comment:suspect:
--------------------
It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees

Bill Smith
15th Nov 2004, 02:52
154 Duty, 85 Flight, a few days in the "lurching cave" and a few reserve.
Enough time off, Not enough money!
Don't know who I pissed off!

Good bunch of guys

Good Luck

Naval Lint
15th Nov 2004, 07:29
Thanks for replying everyone.

Are those rosters pretty typical? And do you often have to work your reserve days?

Sounds like you all spend a far amount of time in the sims!

Cheers.

How's it Hanging
15th Nov 2004, 08:07
Last month 152 duty, 90 flight, 8 rdo. This month's roster 100 duty, 50 flight, 9 rdo, 5 o/n, 5 reserve.
Reserve depends on seniority. Callout on reserve in reverse seniority.