PDA

View Full Version : PPRUNE and the Aus Media

grenade
13th Nov 2004, 08:08
During recent incidents involving a Qantas departure from LSALT and our fighting elite (ie. Huey drivers), elements of the Australian media have quoted PPRUNE as the source of information.

What does this mean for the future of pruning? Can we be fully frank or even creatively suggestive knowing that journalists are scanning the threads for tomorro's front page quotable quotes and page 8 fillers.:{

Helipolarbear
13th Nov 2004, 11:35
:p The paper accepts the ink no matter what is said. But any Helicopter quoting is good for biz as long as it's positive......pprune is possibly the greatest source of possible truths in the aviation biz for the all knowing Orb.....the media!!!:} :E

B Sousa
13th Nov 2004, 11:57
Anything placed on an internet website is available to whoever wants it. The media is always looking for a "source' whether it be fact or fiction.
If it gets to bad, and the buzzards on the fence (Lawyers) get involved, it wont matter how anonymous you think you are. Your going to get a phone call.

NickLappos
13th Nov 2004, 13:19
Look about 6 inches down, guys, where it says:

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

One of my quotes made it to Flight International straight from pprune!

Vfrpilotpb
13th Nov 2004, 15:23
Sadly though they all missed HRH Prince Charles out with a big buxom blonde:mad:
Vfr

Dynamic Component
13th Nov 2004, 23:45
I looked down 6 inches and all I could see was.................
Ah, never mind:O

Bellthorpe
14th Nov 2004, 03:24
The media have been reporting pprune posts since its inception.

RDRickster
15th Nov 2004, 17:19
What kind of DORK would use a public forum of opinion as a "source of information?"

pa42
15th Nov 2004, 18:16
RDR: glad you woke up & smelled the coffee. The answer is: a journo-media-dork.

Further deponent sayeth not.

Phoenix Rising
15th Nov 2004, 18:59
PA42 - Be careful on labelling all media with the same brush, some of us actually know what we are talking about, having grown up in this industry, and are out to promote the industry.

Sort of the same as me calling all PA42 drivers dorks - get my drift.

:E

Lu Zuckerman
15th Nov 2004, 20:09
it wont matter how anonymous you think you are. Your going to get a phone call.

So far I have been contacted by the Royal Navy, the CAA, a television production company, several newspapers, an aviation safety group and the lawyers representing Agusta Helicopters.

:E :E

Helipolarbear
15th Nov 2004, 20:13
Phoenix Rising ........Aren't ALL PA42 Drivers Dorks??? Most Plank Drivers are!!!:}

Bellthorpe
15th Nov 2004, 23:31
What kind of DORK would use a public forum of opinion as a "source of information?"

Any good journalist will look at a wide range of sources for leads and background information.

It also behoves a good journalist to check any information obtained from a source such as pprune.

B Sousa
16th Nov 2004, 10:39
I cant understand you guys. I believe everything thats posted here......
You mean someone would not tell the truth?? I cant believe we have Politicians posting here.