PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Cadetships

A333
13th Nov 2004, 05:00
Hello,

I am planning to try out for the Qantas Cadetship Stage 1 with no experience. Can someone please give me some advice and tell me what will be through the selection process, I've read their website but I was wondering whether anyone knew anymore information.

Another question I'd like to ask is whether it's worth it and whether it will help me if I get around 10 hours or GFPT before I try out? A few of my mates told me that you'd have a very small chance if you have no flying hours at all, however this stage is for people with no experience :confused: The reason they said to get a few hours was it would show them you have enthusiasm for flying however because of money, I am not sure whether it's worth it.

If it will help me, then I wouldn't mind but since I'm trying out for the stage with no experience I'm not sure what I should really be doing. What are your thoughts on this matter, should I get a few hours, will it help me in the cadetship or will it just be the same? Thank you for reading & any help will greatly be appreciated.

Best Regards,

A333

Capt Fathom
13th Nov 2004, 05:36
Apart from any replies you may get here, there is a search function in the top right corner of this page.
By typing in 'Qantas Cadet', it came up with the following: Qantas Cadet (http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=1269965&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)
Probably too much info, but you'll get the picture.

A333
13th Nov 2004, 08:54
Oops, sorry didn't know :O Thanks Capt Fathom, greatly appreciated.

A333

*Lancer*
13th Nov 2004, 22:47
A lot of people start flying only to discover they get horribly airsick, don't enjoy it, don't have a feel for it, or just don't really want to do it anymore. It will probably be good to demonstrate to Qantas that none of these apply to you, and that you're not persuing a 'naive' interest in flying.

More than that though, it would be good to demonstrate to yourself as well!

Good luck,
Lancer

A333
14th Nov 2004, 00:15
Good point Lancer thank you, I didn't think of that one! I will start flying for a few hours to see whether I enjoy it or not before trying for the Cadetship

Thanks for your help and your time everyone, it's greatly appreciated.

A333

A333
27th Nov 2004, 00:09
Sorry for bringing up this old thread but I didn't want to start a new topic just for a little question which is relevant to the Qantas Cadetship.

Do you think it would be better to try out for the Qantas Cadetship during Year 12 or after Year 12? Also, do most cadet applicants try out for the Cadetship during Year 12 or after Year 12? Your suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

A333

regitaekilthgiwt
28th Nov 2004, 22:51
During Yr12 will mean if you are successful then you will start the course the following year after Yr12 so if you can apply during Yr12, but my recommendation would be to make sure you had at least a few hours, preferably a GFPT or PPL.