PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Takes On More Embraer's

Cruisealtitude
12th Nov 2004, 23:33
http://nowaviation.com/content/view/169//

Looks like they are ordring 15 more planes from Emb. Can't see this as a very good thing for the Canadian government, c'mon pumping tax payer's money to Brazil when you have an aircraft manufacturer in the same city as the airline....

Something smells fishy here. :suspect:

mutt
13th Nov 2004, 04:05
Why should they buy the local aircraft if it isnt the best product? :)

I think that you will find that they are also buying CRJ705's. Reason quoted by Bombardier for the Embraer aircraft is the pilots scope clause.

Mutt.

justcoolen
13th Nov 2004, 05:10
Both planes are hogs, and don't you worry, the Canadian Government doesn't need any help wasting money. Especially when it comes to Air Canada. Alot of back scratching (or massaging for lack of a better term) being done, and the taxpayers are just being pimped out. Standard.

mutt
13th Nov 2004, 06:37
Justcoolen

Deciding which of the two to buy, so please expand on your Both planes are hogs statement.

Mutt.

PropellerPaul
14th Nov 2004, 00:01
Shouldn't Air Canada get Celine Dion to choose the new aircraft for them? After all, she has just been paid millions of canadian dollers to be the 'face' of Air Canada... how does it go, 'you and I were mean't to fly' or something along those lines....... :ok:

Tom the Tenor
14th Nov 2004, 00:04
I seem to remember from the Jetmagic days that ERJ 145s are cheaper to operate than CRJ 200 type machine.

Open to correction of course!

MarkD
14th Nov 2004, 13:54
What taxpayers money are you referring to cruise?

Are you unaware of the fact that AC is a private company, albeit hobbled by the Public Participation Act which keeps its HQ in QC etc.?