PDA

View Full Version : Thomson Fly Assessment Day

andychess
12th Nov 2004, 17:18
Hi all,

I went along to the ThomsonFly screening day on the 29th and all seemed OK. I was therefore a little surprised to receive a rejection letter today.

Having done similar tests before and having been sponsored through my training by Air Uk, I am perplexed, to say the least, to learn that I lack the basic aptitude for the job I have been doing for seven years.

The cyninc in me suspects that this 'none competitive' stage was a little more competitive than I thought. How many people received similar letters I wonder?

Yours in paranoia
:rolleyes:

Andy

Bluebaron
13th Nov 2004, 18:40
Sorry to hear that it didn't pan. Any chance you can fill in the rest of us of what to expect. I have a mate attending soon.

BB :O

StudentInDebt
14th Nov 2004, 00:15
It's really not a competition Andy, its simply a test that you, on this occassion, did not pass.

As a graduate of a sponsorship (presumably having served a bit of time instructing) you will recognise that tests of this nature have little to do with piloting aptitude and more to do with reducing the numbers called forward for interview. Several of my friends have not passed the Britannia/TFly initial assessment, all of them are excellent pilots and have good jobs elsewhere (except the one who works for Ryanair :D).

Britannia/TFly day one consists of a Maths test, Critical Thinking test, personality profile questionnaire and a group exercise (group exercise maybe done on a different day).

WaterMeths
14th Nov 2004, 10:24
Yep, me too in that "failed" category. At the end of the day there were bound to be a handful that got through to the next stage. I think that just about everybody that I spoke to on the day was feeling about the same about their performance. I was reasonably happy with my own effort.

A mate of mine got through to the second stage after an earlier assessment - I must find out how he got on in the sim