PDA

View Full Version : New Easyjet TV advert

Mike16
11th Nov 2004, 11:24
Hi Guys

Did you all see the new Easyjet advert last night on tv, it is on for the next 6 weeks in the uk, switzerland and spain with the new logo of EZY, it is a really nice advert, hope you like ?

leonbrumsack
11th Nov 2004, 11:44
What's the new logo for easyJet? I see on their website their logo now says "Come on, let's fly!" under it. Is this what you mean?

http://www.easyjet.com/common/img/easyJetDotComWfa.gif

Mike16
11th Nov 2004, 16:12
Hi

Sure is, rather catchy

eggc
11th Nov 2004, 16:17
They have lots of very prominent adverts on AOL at the minute.

Quite a heavy campaign a present.

rgds

SC

WHBM
11th Nov 2004, 17:18
I think in the advertising world that is generally known as a "strapline" or "slogan". The Easyjet "logotype" (alias logo) remains unchanged.

It's an unfortunate one though as Easy set up bases in non-English speaking countries. Easyjet you can get away with. A foreign language strapline not so well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logotype

(Edited for the link)

The Greaser
11th Nov 2004, 18:09
Slow, plodding and unremarkable, some people might say much like the management. I couldn't possibly comment.

johnwalton
11th Nov 2004, 20:37
The advert is awful! Imho.

MerchantVenturer
11th Nov 2004, 21:08
I suppose adverts are meant to get people thinking and talking about the product, the belief being that a precentage of those people will try it out.

If an 'awful' advert does this (and we all seem to be discussing it) it may have done its job. I saw it tonight for the first time and didn't think it was too bad.

'Come on, let's fly' reminds me of the logos on the side of Go Fly aircraft. Perhaps this is another legacy from that great little airline.

hasta lueGO
12th Nov 2004, 17:54
It's all very well easyJet announcing this new strapline but what appalling timing!

The new strap line coincides with an internal drive to encourage the delivery of a better level of service from it's people and also. . . .
. . . . the uncertainty of ANOTHER restructure!

With the doom of "how will I be affected" and "why do we have to go through this again so soon", it amazes me that easyJet's senior management really believe that this can really work.

carlos vandango
12th Nov 2004, 18:45
The ad is pretty naff. I'm sure they could've better spent their £4 million. Tend to agree with the above too. How can they expect their staff to go the extra mile with this project when many of their jobs are under threat ? Mr Webster would do well to go sit in on a CRM course.

phil_2405
14th Nov 2004, 20:45
I like the new strapline but the tv advert is pretty aweful....very forgetable...surely not the point of an advert?? You want people going away remembering the advert and going to easyJet.com and booking.