PDA

View Full Version : Arabasco Jeddah

corporate kid
10th Nov 2004, 18:28
Hello all

Im just trying to find out a little on arabasco in jeddah. Ive looked at the web site and it only says "under construction."

How is the company doing as a whole but mainly its engineering side.

Also anyone have any views on working for them and what the living standards are like at the moment in that neck of the woods.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated either on the forum or by PM.

Thanks

The KID.

Paterbrat
12th Nov 2004, 17:32
One of the main handling agents in Jeddah and Riyadh along with Jet Aviation. They have a maintainance facility in Jeddah handle quite a few and have a couple of their own planes, crew a few others. Been around for a while. They were initialy started around 1977 /78 when a few of the aircraft owners decided to start a maintainance facility in Jeddah to avoid duplication, every one having to have his own engineers, and also to stop having to send aircraft out all the time to Europe for everything. The snag was the heads of each aviation department took it as an opportunity to get rid of dead wood so the start was a tad inauspicious, as was an early engine change on a 125, wrong engine. Another memorable early booboo was a 125 hydraulic system serviced with liquid soap, but then as I said it was early days. They have had their ups and downs over the years. Been shut down by the PCA a couple of times for infringements, but seem to sort things out and get going again.
Conditions in Jeddah not too bad, some compounds better than others. Security check points still a presence in and around town, no recent scares. Arabasco to my mind would have a tendency not to pay top dollar but that's just an impression I have. Living standards in Jeddah good, food and house hold stuff very reasonable, I found living in Jeddah very much cheaper than the UK or back in Kenya. Lots of supermarkets which will probably be much of your entertainment. Having spent a few years there I still tend to linger in supermarkets wherever I am scoping out all the brands, old habits die hard.

NAS1597R-18
14th Nov 2004, 07:04
Fellows,

Thank you for the heads up finally a can see constructive comments...read many bashing about the country with no specifics.

In serious talk with a Jeddah aviation company in need of a Global Express tech.
Arabasco not to name it I would like feedback too from there. The positives & negatives feed back are welcome. I know beer and wine is restricted and it no problem for me. Besides that, in the foreigner quarter and in the shop how is life? How is the weather, I am from Quebec Canada, I realise that I will not shovel snow this winter… Presently in Tokyo completing a one year G-X technical contract nice people & professionally it went well. Of course I as a foreigner there is adjustments to do from my part and I was much willing to do just that.

I did spoke to them. I spoke recently to staff of them and in email communication. I was approached last year as well but due to very slow response from them part due to other talk with a Japanese broker before they came in the picture.
In Japan money is much better but it is a one year shot. (The broker offers a one year technical support). Nice place and very polite people. I work at Japan’s government flight inspection department they have 2 G-X.

Last year I have spoken to one of there staff who took for ages to responded. There where on the verge to hire another guy from YUL. They made him interview me while I was in town. This guy who took for ever is apparently not there any more and the guy who came to interview me seemed very nice and competent, apparently took his place, his name is (email me for names).

Yes money is not fantastic even if it is taxes free although it is in the fair range considering you work 8 months and 4 month you spend some. I think they review the salary once they make sure you fit the bill. You must have been approached by Wynnwith? They seem to do a very good check up of your references before they tell you” Arabasco will call you”. Arabasco staff will most probably ask you the same questions Wynnwith asked.

Where are you from?
Could you indicate me the other sites addresses about furoms please?

Regards,