PDA

View Full Version : Hibernate and AOL/IE

mcdhu
10th Nov 2004, 14:33
Help please. Thought I'd have a shot at using 'Hibernate' so set it up and used it today. Came back, woke it up, but first of all, Aol didn't recognize my password until I had shut down and restarted the whole thing - not much point in hibernation then!. Aol then let me in, but will not find any web pages. It comes up with 'No Page to display'' and 'Action Cancelled' as if there is no integral IE. Have now disabled 'Hibernation'.

Config is Dell Dimension. Win xp SP1, Norton Pro, MacAfee firewall, and AOL 9 broadband with a BT Voyager BB modem. I am writing this using IE separately (if that is the right description). Please keep it simple if you can, but perhaps a reinstall of AOL is the answer??

Cheers and thanks,
mcdhu

Front_Seat_Dreamer
10th Nov 2004, 18:01
mcdhu

After your machine starts back up having been hibernating did it ask you to log back on or did it take you straight to your desktop / last open program?

I suspect however that a reinstall of IE should be your cure.

It may be worth a call to the techies @ AOL as they are usually quite good at their jobs, even better if you can get to 2nd line support. I would only mention the bit about hibernation after a bit or they will simply refer you back to dell blaming it on Windows.

mcdhu
12th Nov 2004, 09:30
Thanks Dreamer. Strangely enough, it just started working again so have 'unchecked' the enable hibernate box and I think I'll leave it there.

Cheers,
mcdhu