PDA

View Full Version : European and Global Sponsorships Database

Re-Heat
10th Nov 2004, 12:36
Having glanced about at the opportunities that are available beyond the UK, the information on PPRuNe is patchy and relates generally to only a few non-UK locations. With all of us - language restrictrions excepted - able to apply to any EU job, and often beyond into the EEA and Switzerland, I thought it would be an idea to start a thread that details all of those full or partial opportunities that are available along with broad details so that it can be used as a kind of database of UK and EU sponsorship schemes; it could even extend globally.

Perhaps people could post their information - impartial of course and without comments on ease of entry etc, since that can be covered elsewhere on threads specific to those schemes - I could then update my initial post to include info as it become available.

My suggested format for information would be as follows with BA as an example:

British Airways Trainee Entry Pilot:

Training Schools Used: Oxford, Jerez, WMU
Citizenship requirements: EU/Commonwealth/right to live and work in UK
Application time: Year-round
Last Open: September 2001
Fleet postings at graduation: B737, A320, B757, RJ?
Bases: LHR,LGW, BHX/MAN on RJ?
Alternative entry to sponsorship: Self-sponsored SSP, Direct Entry DEP
Annual Numbers 2004: nil
Applications per place at last opening: ~300:1
Qualities sought at interview: ??
Successful PPRuNe members whom are happy to provide information: xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx

Other fields entered as appropriate

What is sought is information on Air France, Lufthansa, KLM etc, that PPRuNe has not historically had on the forums I guess.

Good idea mods?

traumahawk71
11th Nov 2004, 09:27
A similar thing already exists on a website called PPJN. although not quite as detailed as you suggested. Its back on line after a few months of revamping. Site looks better than ever.
the link is: www.ppjn.com. Hope this is what your looking for:E

Re-Heat
11th Nov 2004, 16:32
Sort of, but they cover every job available, and some sponsorship details are missing - others that have been run in the past and are now dormant are absent as well. I was not proposing something so large, but simply a sponsored-specific listing

Peter Davidson
11th Nov 2004, 18:05
the sponsorship fields are empty on ppjn because they are new fields. i think the idea is that you fill in the blanks:ok:

Re-Heat
16th Nov 2004, 20:55
That's my point - they're empty and not tailored to what people on this forum are looking for. I am only suggesting a couple of page thread. No other contributions?

yyzdub
17th Nov 2004, 08:42
I don' think there are many contributions b/c very few airlines offer a cadet sponsorship scheme any more. Further, should someone know of an opporunity, you will find very few offering the information.

Best of luck.

yyzdub

Re-Heat
18th Nov 2004, 21:34
But surely someone must know more about Lufthansa, Finnair, SAS, LOT, Air France, KLM etc, and how they used to recruit even if they don't any longer from cadetships, so that we can gauge schools used, preferences of types of people etc?

I am well aware of how few are offered now, however nobody has even mentioned Lufthansa for a long time on these boards, yet they are still recruiting a bit, along with KLM I am led to believe (by European Flight Training, Jerez).

Re-Heat
6th Dec 2004, 17:10
I mean something like this:

http://www.balpa.org/intranet/How-to-bec/Sponsorships-Bursaries--Useful-Infor.doc_cvt.htm

but that goes beyond the UK alone. PPJN is primarily aimed at qualified pilots so far as I can see, whereas this is specifically aimed at those who have yet to acquire a licence, in order to give information.

Any more information or takers?