PDA

View Full Version : Charts

lhchris
7th Nov 2004, 20:30
Hi everybody!

Is there any pilot who could give away some IFR charts???
I'm very interested to get some charts which were already 'in use'...

So if you have some, don't go throw them away. Send them to me! :-)

Contact me!

Bye

Always keep flyin'!

Atlas Shrugged
8th Nov 2004, 00:35
May one enquire as to why you are after used charts? :confused:

BRL
8th Nov 2004, 00:44
Here are some old charts from the 80's. See how they have changed compared to nowdays... :ok:

80's Charts. (http://www.80sxchange.com/radio.htm)

Onan the Clumsy
8th Nov 2004, 02:11
I have an Air Ministry one of North Wales from 1943. It's mostly blue if I remember correctly...because of the mountains. Blue seems like an odd colour for mountains.

There are a lot of names like Doris circled, many of which have fleece rating under them. :E
(there are a couple of five fleecers in there too)

lhchris
8th Nov 2004, 05:50
They don't have to be used!

I just thought a pilot woudn't like to give away brand new ones.

So it's not for the reason of comparing the charts of nowadays with the old ones.

Just wanna have some 'real stuff' already being on the flight deck :ok:

You might also send tables or any kind of papers u needed on flight deck and don't need anymore.
That would be great!

Of course, I'd pay the shipment

Just contact me then :D

No_Speed_Restriction
8th Nov 2004, 15:35
If you would like a "taste of the flight deck", then a package of used coffee cups, scrunched copy of "The Sun" and filthy jokes coming your way.:E

tony draper
8th Nov 2004, 16:09
Charts for airyplanes? seems a bit daft to me, not as if theres owt to bump into up there.

:rolleyes:

Dead_Heading
8th Nov 2004, 18:39
'cept clouds and they look pretty soft anyway.

lhchris
8th Nov 2004, 19:18
Hey c' mon guys!

Is nobody ready to give away some approach plates, NAT, SIDs & STARs or some stuff???

I'd appreciate it!!!

Maybe I should post it in the 'real pilots' forum

tony draper
8th Nov 2004, 19:20
Ouch that stang!!
:rolleyes:

reynoldsno1
8th Nov 2004, 19:31
Take a chill pill, lhchris

Try
here (http://www.ais.org.uk)
You need to register (free), but then you can get all the charts you want - of the UK anyway.

lhchris
8th Nov 2004, 19:43
I see that you try to help me by giving me links of pages with charts. That's nice, but what I care about is that those are 'real' charts which were for the purpose of 'in flight service'.

So if there's maybe a pilot who has some papers from his work he doesn't need anymore, he could send them to me instead of just throwing them away.

Usually a pilot uses: SID, STAR charts, aerodrome charts, flight plans, performance tables a.s.o.

So, it would be incredible if so. has such papers to give away

Onan the Clumsy
8th Nov 2004, 19:50
Ouch that stang!! Stung actually :8

lhchris much as I think people would like to help, the problem is that in today's climate, it's a little difficult. You might get some old SIDs and STARs etc, but a real pilot would have to be a bit shortsighted to offer up company paperwork like flight logs, duty forms etc. Years ago it wouldn't have been a problem, he might not think it's a problem now, but he knows he might have to answer later the question "Why?" and that it would be a difficult question to answer.

My earlier (unposted) sarcastis response was "I have some old ID badges. Would those be of any use?" Sort of sums it up.

Incidentally, why didn't you post it where the real pilots gather?

Dead_Heading
8th Nov 2004, 19:52
Because the climate is less forgiving than dear old JB, it makes some sense to post here I suppose.