PDA

View Full Version : CTC Advanced Handling Course

tripilot
7th Nov 2004, 17:02
Hi, could anyone whose completed the abouve course at CTC let me know how it went - content - emphasis - pass standards etc..? Also if you know of any good pre course study aids I'd be very gratfull. Cheers

easyswimmer
9th Nov 2004, 08:29
course is superb. Went fine. It is not a turn up and pass nor is it an assesment on your last sim session. It is a review of your progress over 4 sessions.
Day 1 ground school - nothing much , just going over sops they give you to learn and profiles. bit of theory, read handling the big jets relevant sections if you like, but not necessary.

Sim 1-4 all raw data hand flown, departures, sids out of ltn,lgw,man. Ils and ndb. Big on reviewing performance from both seats and flying within ir tolerances.
Also holds.

You really need to nail the sops and profiles perfectly before you turn up. You will get these 2 weeks before. Beware of some differences when you turn between the brief and what they actually get you to do.

All in all a great set up and well worth doing. They guys are very fair and in fact i would say the best instruction i have ever received.

Good luck. You easy or channex?