View Full Version : West Coast

0tter1
7th Nov 2004, 04:35
Hey all,

Was just wondering if anyone was able to point me in the right direction of freight operators on the west coast.. I know of Ameriflight but was wondering about the rest..
I have 1200 TT, 200 Multi, 100 turbine, 65 IF and am preferably looking for an F/O slot on something, anything!
Any info anyone is able to pass on would be most appreciated.
Thanks

:ok: 0tter1 :ok:

noflow
7th Nov 2004, 07:48
Sounds like you meet 135 PIC requirements. Why in the world would you want to be an FO for a freight hauler? If you get on with Ameriflight they operate Be-99's and Metros that you'll eventually be able to bid. Last thing you want is SIC time at this point unless it's with a 121 carrier.

0tter1
7th Nov 2004, 15:19
Hey noflow,

Only problem is I fall short of 135 minimums because of the night. I only have about 25 hours at night.

Check 6
8th Nov 2004, 17:43
Otter1, post your question on the "Freight dogs" forum, unless you already have.

There is a company in Redding, California at the Redding Airport (KRDD) that does some freight work. They are Redding Aero located at the Redding Jet Center.

CP (or possibly DO) is Victor Clarke. I moved from there five years ago so I am not up to date on what they are doing these days.

Check 6

:ok:

Astra driver
12th Nov 2004, 03:44
Otter1

You might want to give Ameriflight a call anyway, I believe they have some kind of a "Time builder" program. My best mate flies for them and tells me he frequently gets right seaters even though most of their aircraft are single pilot.

I'm not sure how the program works, and wether or not you have to pay, but it is probably worth looking into since you only the need the night experience.

Once you meet the minimums they would be a good outfit to start out with. My friend started with them in the Lance, moved to the Navajo in 3 months and the Beech 99 three months after that, he now flies the Metro and 1900 for them.

Otter1

I just remembered, another mate of mine started out as an FO flying Beech 99\'s and 1900\'s for an outfit called Alpine Air based in Provo, UT.

They operate around Utah, Montana and Idaho, he said they treated him well and the pay once you made Captain was around $50,000.

0tter1
13th Nov 2004, 03:13
Cheers Astra,

Will look into that for sure.