PDA

View Full Version : Flybe advertising blunder!

omoko joe
6th Nov 2004, 19:12
just clocked the front page of the Belfast Telegraph to find Flybe advertising cheap flights to the 'mainland'. Perhaps somebody should have told them how politically 'insensitive' that happens to be in NI..DOH!

dontdoit
6th Nov 2004, 19:44
Oh grow up! The only way it could possibly be construed as offensive is if you live on Rathlin Island, and the "mainland" referred to is the one you can see as the boat pulls away from the harbour at Ballycastle. I'm glad you haven't got bigger things to worry about.

omoko joe
6th Nov 2004, 21:01
dry yer eyes, it doesn't bother me but I guarantee it WILL bother them who resent the fact that they are still governed from afar. No worse than the Aer Lingus magazine accusing the Ulster rugby team of being sectarian, but still an own goal nonetheless.

Tower Ranger
8th Nov 2004, 08:22
Surely if they were so offended by other parts of Britain being called the Mainland they would rather fly Easyjet. Oh no, wait, aren`t those planes orange. Doh !! Everyone calls it the Mainland and on a clear day you can see it from Rathlin.

eastern wiseguy
8th Nov 2004, 09:56
they would rather fly Easyjet

most people seem to and they do!!

Where do Flybe get the figure that 8 out of 10 peple prefer flying with them?....have they never been in a Bae146?

CaptJ
8th Nov 2004, 15:24
There are rather more fundamental issues with that Ad.

You might get the impression that the cheap fares were widely available, they are not.

The £19.95 fares are there all right splattered seemingly at random all over the timetable. After £19.95 they shoot up to £152 RTN. Bargain.

Whispering Giant
8th Nov 2004, 16:51
Capt J - thats same as every other Lo-Co airline - so nothing new there !!!

The more people that click on a flight on the internet and make a reservation then it goes up in cost in proportion to it depending on how popular it is.
At the end of the day all Lo-Co operators do it - it all comes down to on how many seats the individual airline are prepared to release at a lower cost..

next argument....

brgds
W.G

jabird
8th Nov 2004, 19:03
Presumably we will have to stop talking about flights to "the continent" next, as any implication that we are not part of Europe might upset the Europhiles?

B.L.G Bob
8th Nov 2004, 20:38
Just seen it tonight

L.O.L :D

Life is to short to get wound up over that!

Good night and God Bless

carlos vandango
8th Nov 2004, 22:49
actually, o j may have a point here. I heard some muttering about it from a group of guys who had just noticed it tonight. They didn't seem too impressed. Then again they didn't seem the types likely to be jetting off anywhere in the near future either. You'd be surprised what people can take offence at in Norn Iron.