PDA

View Full Version : Who the fcuk?

6th Nov 2004, 14:39
It's getting towards that time of year again.
The time when all the old "have-been", "wannabee" and "who the fcuk are they" actors appear.

Yep, it's panto time again.

This year, it's Cindarella at my local theatre. The 1/2 page advert shows the cast as

Neal Wright "from TVs Nickelodeon" as Buttons
Marc Dillon "from Pop Idol" as the Prince
Bill Buckley "From BBC southern Radio" as Dantini
Emily Hawgood as Cinderella
And Ian Lucken's Shetland Ponies!

Still, not an Aussie soap star in sight for a change.

Does anyone have a more obscure sellection of "stars" for their local panto.

Jerricho
6th Nov 2004, 16:38
Still, not an Aussie soap star in sight for a change.

That's cause they are all in the recording studios trying for the Christmas Number 1. :yuk:

Feeton Terrafirma
7th Nov 2004, 06:52
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/webpixx/prune/Give-A-****meter.gif

BlueWolf
7th Nov 2004, 06:56
...and a "panto" would be...what precisely?

(Only joking. Everyone in the English-speaking world knows what a 'pantomime' is. And we all wince at the thought that our old Imperial Mother still embarasses herself with them.)

ORAC
7th Nov 2004, 07:51
Tried to explain pantomime to an American friend in LA who was going to be in the UK at Xmas. Girls dressed as boys in tights, boys dressed as girls etc. His comment at the end?

"And you take kids to this?" :ooh: :)

Jerricho
7th Nov 2004, 14:52
Ahhh, the GAF-o-meter makes another appearance.

7th Nov 2004, 15:43
I think he's a bit pi55ed off, because I made fun of the Aussie soap "stars".

Mr Chips
7th Nov 2004, 15:45
I'm liking the GAF o meter! perhaps we could have a link to it, like an extra smiley!

419 I don't wish to be rude, but is your local theatre actually very big? My nearest in the Richmond theatre, a major provinicial, usually used for pre West wend stuff, and we have John Inman, reckoned to be the top Panto Dame. Wimbledon, Woking and others of similar scale will all have big names.... perhaps your municipal playhouse just doesn't cut it.....

Jerricho
7th Nov 2004, 15:52
Take it from me, no Aussie would be p*ssed off about rude references made to soap stars.

7th Nov 2004, 15:57
Mr C,
It is quite a big theatre, in fact it's one of the biggest within quite a few miles of Gatwick airport.
In the past they always managed a decent cast, but it looks as if their budget has been drastically cut this year.

Some of the acts appearing early next year include Harry Hill, Jim davidson, Showaddywaddy!. Maybe that's where their money has gone.

Mr Chips
7th Nov 2004, 16:04
Ahhh.. but are harry Hill and Jim davidson funny????

Hilico
7th Nov 2004, 17:14
Yes and no, in that order.

Feeton, love the meter.

Jerricho
7th Nov 2004, 17:17
The guys and gals on the "Dunnunda and Gods" love it as well. Been getting quite a few showings down there.