PDA

View Full Version : Flyjet F/O recruitment

Gazeem
6th Nov 2004, 09:25
I had a letter from Flyjet this morning,

they are looking for first officers for 757/767,

they are running assessment through Cabair (EPTA) to select 4 (maybe 6) pilots for type rating training,

you have to pay £176.25 for assessment,

if successful,

you have to pay £17,625 for type rating,

you have to pay £4112.50 for base training,

this leads to the holding pool if the industry remain stable!

The closing date for application is 30th November.

Thought this might be of interest to some and good luck if you go for it.

(Min 500 hours ages 22-39)

RowleyUK
6th Nov 2004, 19:21
Got the same letter.......Not bothering though because i still believe the airline should pay for the type rating!!

Buter
6th Nov 2004, 20:45
I received the same letter, and I imagine about 200 others received it as well. I am quite sure that mine came from EPTA, not Flyjet.

Easy Glider
7th Nov 2004, 08:43
Please, please don't tell me there is anyone actually considering this degrading and insulting offer ????

Louis Euan
7th Nov 2004, 09:35
We should make a stand here on prune and be determind not to give in to these conditions. Everyone wanting that first jet job should boycott the scheme and stick together then they will have to alter the conditions. Its not going to happen because there is always someone who will pay but that does not make them the best person for the job!!!

If all us wannabes had a union and signed something saying that we would not accept certain schemes then surely we would have better bargaining powers. They are going to need there new pilots from somewhere!! They all can't come from sponsorship schemes.

GMIMA
7th Nov 2004, 09:56
guys, if you hold out long enough, you will get an airline job - it will happen, maybe not as quick as you like, but it will happen.

few months ago, i was so despirate i was considering getting an a320 rating, so glad i didnt, im fortunate enough to have a job flying a bae j41.

but as u know, there are people out there that are willing to sell there granny - even with spare sets of there false teeth.

hang on in there guys

rada76
7th Nov 2004, 12:13
Here Here GMIMA :O

A sound bit of advice. Don't all look for the big shiny grail of the 737 or the A320 :confused:

I've been flying the BAE J32 for a year now and the little turboprop is the best airline flying in the world. (NO Autopilot on half our fleet) :ok:

It has been the best ,fully paid , apprenticeship/airline job I could have dreamed of.

Welcome on board GMIMA and I hope you enjoy your time as much as I do.

Hang on guys / girls and the job will come along without having to pay an extra £20K with no guaranteed job at the end.

RADA

haughtney1
8th Nov 2004, 15:57
Well done to all you guys.......it can be done without prostituting yourself. Im glad to see some sense coming through on PPRUNE:ok:

H

skyman68
8th Nov 2004, 17:45
ahhh, I am happy to hear that some of you are against pilots paying for their type.

Gazeem
8th Nov 2004, 22:39
I am glad to see this attitude out there,

paying for a TR is one thing,

paying to be selected to pay for a TR is taking the p!ss,

esp as due to the MYT situation the 75/76 TR is not the one to pay for!

Holding out is difficult though, but it looks like things are on the up!

timzsta
9th Nov 2004, 18:03
I think EPTA sent the letter to all their former students. The 500hrs is the catch. Of the 8 of us on my MCC only 4 had that number of hours and two of them already had jobs and the other one was nearing retirement age.

Good luck to those who apply. Am sure they will fill the places.

Gassbag
9th Nov 2004, 18:10
Is Colin thinking of getting a new BMW then?
I'd rather nail my gennies to a space rocket than be paying to be selected to pay for a TR!!!
Perhaps nailing my gennies to something airborne might be a good idea to get into this flying lark a bit deeper. Hmmmmm

SpringbokDreamer
10th Nov 2004, 22:17
It's not only Ex Students... I went to EPTA for a look around and I recieved the letter. Same story with a mate of mine. Just a carpet smut campaign to rid us of the last decency and money we have. Say No to funding our own TRs

WE will be the ones who suffer in the long run...
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :ok:

Dogma
11th Nov 2004, 09:20
I would not touch this offer with yours. It stinks, there are good Airlines hiring daily, the numbers required are going up and up.

Do not pay for your rating in what is becoming a very upbeat job market!

Good Luck

Leo8
11th Nov 2004, 11:25
Crazy to pay that kind of cash for a rating and base training!!!

Just look at ppjn. There is so much positive recruitment worldwide at the moment. So many airlines in the UK are hiring non type rated at the moment.

Things can only get better. (I hope)

Honiley
12th Nov 2004, 08:20
Im glad to see some sense coming through on PPRUNE Here, here....these are outrageous terms!

I wouldn't go anywhere near this offer and to pay for the base training is just taking the p!ss, then for it only to lead to a holding pool if the industry remains stable!!!!!! No-one with any sense would sign a deal like that.

I have read on these pages of guys/gals getting jobs with Jet2, FlyBe and Eastern Airways just in the last month alone. Also postings are indicating First Choice now recruiting.

None of us need these beancounters coming up with this sort of cr@p!

Hang on in there