PDA

View Full Version : Milestones

DX Wombat
6th Nov 2004, 06:37
Yesterday (5th Nov) marked another milestone for me. No2 niece bought me an ice cream. :ok: She wasn't prompted to do this by anyone, she just did it. I don't know whether to be happy or sad that my ice cream buying days for her are apparently coming to an end, or glad that she is growing up into a really lovely young lady. A bit of both I suppose, but Only Nephew is still young enough to need me to buy them for quite a few years to come. Anyone else got any similar stories?

BlueWolf
6th Nov 2004, 07:14
What age is said niece? (hidden meaning: is motivation gratitude or sympathy?;) )

Davaar
6th Nov 2004, 09:18
I no longer veto steep slopes daughter may ski. Daughter vetoes steep slopes I may ski.

Ascend Charlie
6th Nov 2004, 09:38
Boss tells me when to work
Daughter tells me how to make coffee
Son tells me how to set up my computer network
Dog tells me when to go walkies
Wife tells me where to get off

No need for critical decision making brain any more. Think I'll have another drink, if that's all right with you, dear.....

DX Wombat
6th Nov 2004, 22:48
Nice to know you have joined the ranks Capn N :E I am pleased to report that mine is still safe and sound in its secret location. :ok:And the caravanners dictate how fast we can travel on narrow roads.
In the absence of tractors and other agricultural machinery it is actually the HGV drivers who decide this as they have a lower maximum speed limit than a caravan.:*

Keef
6th Nov 2004, 23:00
I live in a female world. One wife, two daughters, three granddaughters, one female tortoise, one female dog, a female Rector, and a 5-person ministry team that's all female except me. I don't need to think - it's all laid down for me.

At least I get to choose what car and what aeroplane.

And I HATE caravans with a passion, especially when they crawl up the mountain at 20mph with a vast caterpillar of angry cars behind...

timmcat
6th Nov 2004, 23:08
I agree under normal circumstances Keef , but we are talking about DX's caravan which is sacrosanct.

Feeton Terrafirma
7th Nov 2004, 08:56
Can anyone advise me when to expect a much longed for milestone.... the one where the kids stop borrowing money and start repaying it?

As for caravans, I get sick of being held up by those little 2 litre buzzbox things when I'm towning my caravan. Carn't they do 110 kmh up the hill or what?

BlueWolf
7th Nov 2004, 09:51
Kids stop borrowing money? And start paying it back?
:confused: :{ :ugh: :bored:

Anyway....memory tells me you drive 5.7 litres, which I don't believe can be Ford in the West Island, so am I right in thinking you may be a Holden man?

Good ol' boy in these parts uses a Chevvy Silverado to deliver the superb bale wagons he builds. 6.5 litres of V8 turbo Diesel, even with two tons on the back and two and a half towed, it'll still cruise at 130kmh.

There are two brand spanking F250s in my wee town....:{ :{ next time, maybe.

tony draper
7th Nov 2004, 10:12
I remember the shock of the first time me nephew offered to lend "me" a fiver.
:uhoh:

con-pilot
7th Nov 2004, 20:38
Eldest son starting to show gray hair!:{ :{ :{

Huck
8th Nov 2004, 00:38
My F350's got 7.3, and a turbo besides.... Pulls a 33' fifth wheel at 70 MPH all day long.

But you have to open a corporate account with BP to cover the deisel. And it's up 50% since we faught The-War-For-Cheap-Oil.

MadsDad
8th Nov 2004, 09:38
Con-pilot.

Must be a typo there I think.

Eldest sons CAUSE grey hair. (Daughters merely cause baldness due to the 'ripping out' effect).

(Edited to correct a typo. Of 'typo'. :confused:)

airship
8th Nov 2004, 22:49
Milestones.

Always thought a wombat was something which hung upside down. But it can't even fly. And if it ever managed it in the past, would have had to have a wingspan of at least 8 metres to support the weight. No wonder wombats hide themselves in burrows during daylight hours...:rolleyes: ;)