PDA

View Full Version : Aero Contractors, Nigeria

FLEXJET
5th Nov 2004, 14:04
Hi,

I have been sent 2 e-mails from 2 different directors of recruitment of Aero Contractors, telling me I was short-listed for a F/O position.

It is weird. Yahoo e-mails, "urgent", asking to provide with copies of licenses, promising a job if prompt reply, telephone number that does not appear anywhere on Aero Contractors's web site, names unknown to Google and so on...
I know it is for Nigeria but it is very strange.

Did some of you get this also?

Thanks.

I-N-JOB
5th Nov 2004, 14:52
Did they offer you a position as Helicopter or Airplane Co-pilot ???

I have been sending them e-mail for the last 6 month trying to get a co-pilot (airplane) position but never got a reply...

Whish you the best ...

FLEXJET
5th Nov 2004, 18:26
I am only fixed wing rated.
One e-mail said my resume was taken from a flight crew recruitment web site which I really don't remember having registered to...

At this stage, I believe it is a scam.

Cap Loko
6th Nov 2004, 10:02
Aero Contractors of Nigeria certainly exist (as part of Schreiner in The Netherlands) and certainly a bonafide company. I don't know if they still operate tough. Did you give them a call?

Anyway, wise to regard your received mails as scam and NEVER ever send them money in advance.

FLEXJET
6th Nov 2004, 12:33
Of course Aero Contractors exists (founded in 1960, Dash 8s, 737s, Hawkers, Helicopters...).
It is just so strange, as written above already...
As I have an interview for a major european airline monday, I will investigate later...

FToast
6th Nov 2004, 14:05
Hi Flexjet,

Beware.

A friend of mine told me of his experience on such an offer from -also- a Nigerian company.
He went as far as flying to Lagos with his faxed, proper, letter of employment and his "type rating" money, in cash, as asked by the company. Long story short he made his way to their offices, but no-one in the company knew about him, not even the Chief-Pilot, even though they had been in touch for a couple of weeks.
Turned out his CV had been intercepted somehow by someone with bad intentions...
He feels (very) lucky to have arrived in Lagos on a different flight and that he missed his pick-up at the airport so kindly organised by the improvised "Chief-Pilot".
Things had been very well thought out, I can just about imagine what could have happened in that car on the way to the "office".

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
8th Nov 2004, 13:43
Sounds like a scam. ACN are advertising on Flightinternational.com for R/W pilots, but they are actively nationalising on the F/W side I think. Very few expats left, and I'm not aware of any in the co-pilot seat. I could be wrong though.

skyman68
8th Nov 2004, 17:58
of course it is a scam.

a real company with real pilots and real jobs do not ask for money.
Why do you want send money and get as reply:"sorry you have not been qualified".??

Rule number 1: if someone asks you for money, it is a scam.
Rule number 2: in the EU, you do not have the right to ask or send money for a job (it concerns Ryanair too)
Rule number 3: if you pay, you will not get your money back.
Rule number 4: Keep your money, and go out with your Girlfriend (if you have one...)

I-CRUZ
9th Nov 2004, 18:46
They sent me the same email. I've the suspect that their servers are infected by a spam-virus or something similar.

Bye bye

Ciao Flexjet!

Cruz

dongle
10th Nov 2004, 10:49
Yep, heard about this. It's another data mining exercise to get hold of identity information for nefarious purposes.