PDA

View Full Version : NE tells Prescott to shove it.

witchdoctor
5th Nov 2004, 06:44
North East England gave Prescott an emphatic two fingers to his wishy-washy version of a regional assembly last night. Needless to say, the fat pie eater most definitely was not chuffed.

Ironic that the government was so totally out of touch, given how many senior government figures come from the north, and north east. The fact they think we need more influence for the north just shows how ineffective all of our current local politicians and MPs are at the moment.

If you'd had the brains to offer us a proper assembly Prescott, the answer would most likely have been yes. Pillock! :*

zed3
5th Nov 2004, 07:00
Seemingly these idiots haven't yet got the message as they are still going ahead with another similar exercise in Yorkshire , Humberside and the North West - according to the Beeb. When will politicians realise that no means NO? (yes I know , never ).

tony draper
5th Nov 2004, 07:08
I though those were cancelled and the N/E the only one left? twas well and truley beaten, the two Johns Prescot and Hall were well peeved, buggerem!
The mistake they make nowadays is trundling politicians and ex politicians out to sing the benifits of any scheme, when will they get it through their head that politicians are so loathed as a species nowadays that nobody believes any thing they say anymore.
Not looking good for Tones euro constitution referendum. :E

chippy63
5th Nov 2004, 07:33
Agreed, Mr D, it's nice to see that there are still a few folk around with a bit of common sense.

Lukeafb1
5th Nov 2004, 11:42
But not, of course, in France!:p

The SSK
5th Nov 2004, 13:28
I remember at my primary school (this one (http://www.geocities.com/lecorresmith/buddle.jpg) - now an Arts Centre) in the late 1950s there was a General Election going on, and a mock election was organised for us urchins with hustings in the playground at dinnertime.

The Geordie Nationalist Party were the runaway winners.

Astrodome
5th Nov 2004, 17:04
The whole point of the exercise was to sert up the Regional Assemblies that are required as a result of the intended EU convergence.

The EU already has a map that sets out the Regions in the UK which will be represented in the EU.

All that Bliar and the charcter from Stars Wars are doing is implementing EU policy.

And don't take that as a defence of the pair, just an explanation that this thing is going to happen, like it or not!

tony draper
5th Nov 2004, 17:44
Just anothee recent example if another were indeed needed that pollsters arre completely useless, they had the yes campaign as much as 20% ahead early on and very grudgingly admited that it was nearer fifty fifty toward the end, I haven't met anybody in my wandering that was for this feckwit idea.
Pollsters take the money and try desperatly to supply the answer those that hire them hope to hear,and if it doesn't fit the pistol, whats wrong with cooking a few figures?
Pollsters are a bit like fashion designers and celebrities, not a single normal person would miss em or notice they were gone should all wake up dead tomorrow.
:cool:

El Grifo
5th Nov 2004, 18:39
Thats for sure Drapes, If we all woke up dead tomorrow, not one of us would miss pollsters or fashion designers for that matter - -

However if they all woke up dead, that would complicate matters somewhat.

:confused: :ok: :confused:

chiglet
5th Nov 2004, 19:05
Just an "idea", but, IF we ALL voted for "National Assemblies", perhaps, just perhaps if we [the Nat Asses] got together, could get rid of this mob in London :ok:
watp,iktch

witchdoctor
6th Nov 2004, 14:00
As a slight aside, interesting to see Mallon showing his true colours. Obviously hoping for a high profile position at the regional trough.:suspect: