PDA

View Full Version : F-16 fighting falcon shoots up NJ school!

74tweaker
5th Nov 2004, 01:41
OMG! Unbelievable!!

:ooh:

Someones in trouble!

http://www.nbc10.com/news/3890831/detail.html

doubleu-anker
5th Nov 2004, 05:14
When they do it (friendly fire) in their own country it's not so bad.

simfly
5th Nov 2004, 05:27
OMG! Unbelievable!!

Sorry, think it's totally believable :p

Final 3 Greens
5th Nov 2004, 06:31
But according to the article, the "bullets" are made of lead and don't explode.

Well that'll be okay then, won't it :}

Algy
5th Nov 2004, 06:33
"Mike Dupuis, president of the township's Board of Education, said there were no precautions the school district could have taken to prevent such an incident."

Hmmm, maybe not, interesting line of thought though...

Hay Ewe
5th Nov 2004, 06:52
Quote : (how do youget to make a quote thing work?)

Mike Dupuis, president of the township's Board of Education, said there were no precautions the school district could have taken to prevent such an incident."

Maybe so to the rest of the civilised world but I expect to see court cases / suing along the following lines :-

stress / trauma to kids (or more likely the parents!)
not providing safe learning area
school should have provided a bunker for the security guy

a total petition to close down the range
no fly zones within 100km / 60miles of schools

I am sure there are plenty more to add!!!

Hay Ewe - my roof is leaking!

Rwy in Sight
5th Nov 2004, 07:32
Maybe the goverment should provide school with PATRIOT missiles along with some shoulder launched missiles. Several advantages here:

More homeland defence available
Intresting challenges for the Air Force / Air National Guard pilots
Prepare kids for a draft (why the army should spend money to train kids when the schools can do it as part of the ciricullum)
The list can go on!

Rwy in Sight

Harrier46
5th Nov 2004, 07:38
Looks like a fast track posting to Iraq!

McZygo
5th Nov 2004, 07:52
Wonder if the American hero involved was off his head on Amphetamines. Common practice in the USAF apparently.

(I'll definitely get flamed for that one)

madmax100
5th Nov 2004, 08:03
Cowboys............

under_exposed
5th Nov 2004, 08:10
In a country as large as the US why do they put a firing range 3½ miles from a school?

McZygo
5th Nov 2004, 08:15
"In a country as large as the US why do they put a firing range 3½ miles from a school?"

In the interests of realism for the Iraq theatre.

Harrier46
5th Nov 2004, 08:25
Or perhaps somebody painted UN or UK on the roof....!

enginefailure
5th Nov 2004, 08:27
now we once again learned more about the "precision" of the usaf. now guess what happened in bagdad during the past months.

incubus
5th Nov 2004, 09:39
In a country as large as the US why do they put a firing range 3½ miles from a school?

It could be a case of "In a country as large as the US why do they put a school 3½ miles from a firing range?"

victor two
5th Nov 2004, 10:03
I hear that Michael Moore is on the scene now shooting his new movie... "Bowling for Little Egg"

Available soon on DVD and Video at all good retailers.

All_Boxed_Off_Mate
5th Nov 2004, 10:16
`The 2-inch long bullets are made of lead and do not explode, said Col. Brian Webster, commander of the 177th Fighter Wing of the New Jersey Air National Guard.`

Phew!! What a relief. :eek:

Lon More
5th Nov 2004, 10:53
Incubus It could be a case of "In a country as large as the US why do they put a school 3½ miles from a firing range?"

Correct; the second part of http://www.nbc10.com/news/3890831/detail.html
states that the firing range was built in WWll, long before the school; somebody probably made a mint

BEagle
5th Nov 2004, 11:21
OK chaps - a bit of banter was one thing, but don't let's go too far!

OK, Westy?

This was clearly a 'switch pigs' - the blame if any must go to whoever it was who decided to put the school there.

At Pembrey, wepaons were only ever made live on the attack heading. A colleague of mine managed to loose off a few rounds when making the stick top safe after a strafe dive - and a few lumps of 30 mm lead set off across the Bristol Channel as a result!

Anyway, it was only the Welsh who lived there, so no worries....

Only joking!

Scud-U-Like
5th Nov 2004, 11:24
Training for war is a dangerous business and, as the saying goes, you can't make an omelette without strafing Lil Egg.

McZygo
5th Nov 2004, 11:38
So this is military now rather than news is it?

Perhaps someone would like to comment on the 'go pill' issue.

StopStart
5th Nov 2004, 12:04
news /nju:z/ n. new or interesting information; fresh events reported;
No sorry not "news" anymore.

Erm I may have missed something but "go pill" story?

Where? :rolleyes:

Or are we assuming that all USAF pilots are ripped to their tits on Es and wobbly eggs?
In my experience most of them too busy passing the crack-pipe to worry about pills. That said, I'm usually smashed on Brasso and meths so I could be wrong. Still, it makes those long sectors easier to bear..

:hmm:

Thankyoubye

moggiee
5th Nov 2004, 12:48
The USAF give their combat pilots amphetamines to "combat fatigue". This may explain some of the blue-on-blue engagements, methinks.

BEagle
5th Nov 2004, 13:11
Having seen the behaviour of the USAF C-17 crew bouncing of the walls of our day room in Incirlik notlong after landing and still buzzing with something rather more than just caffeine, I wouldn't be surprised at anything...

PS - Stoppers, I mis-read your post. Thought you'd written "passing the crack-wipe" - and which I assumed was some sort of out-of-area 'boys' game' played by the Spams?

ppf
5th Nov 2004, 13:15
Doh...............

ppf :ok:

dmanton300
5th Nov 2004, 13:25

According to the story they didn't. . they put a school 3½ miles from a firing range. . .

McZygo
5th Nov 2004, 13:56
F16 fighter strafing a school in NJ less than 24 hours ago is not news?

This is not news:
http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/816600/posts

But may explain what I'm talking about nontheless.

West Coast
5th Nov 2004, 15:44
"B52 display pilot missed the airport and instead of displaying to many thousand's of spectators, displayed instead to a bermused flying school some 20 miles away"

Almost as good as the limey crew that did the same thing about a week later. From a dude who works in ops, not even a pilot of anything larger than a cessna if even that.

Beagle...you the voice of reason...your usually leading the charge.

BEagle
5th Nov 2004, 16:00
Hi Westy,

A bit of inter-service banter is one thing, but it was a bit unfair of some to take it beyond that.

Have a nice day.....;)