PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Mysteries

DEE-DUCK
5th Nov 2004, 01:00
Having been on the airbus now for almost 9 years and having worked on many different contracts it makes me curious to wonder how many different way airbus says they want their A320's flown.
Does anybody out there know of an email address to talk to Airbus to ask them about procedures when your not sure if they are correct in the way they are dealt with by a certain operator?
I have been in the game now for 22 years so please no stupid responses... How many times has a check captain said to you "this is the way airbus wants it".... Do they have some special telephone number to talk to the Airbus gods or something because if they do they must all have different Gods they talk to!!!:hmm:

Ready
5th Nov 2004, 04:15
Airlines normally have a Tech department or an assigned Tech pilot representing Airbus, and any technical question has to go through that channel first, and this is normally the only way to get your queries answered.

If you're unemployed at the moment for instance, even if you could prove that you have tons of hours on any of their types, please refer to my above statement.

I speak from experience, but if somebody knows better I'll take note as well.

Hope that helps.

mikemal
6th Nov 2004, 10:38
Hello D-D

When Airbus makes and aircraft, they write a set of FCOM manuals that are "Airbus". If your company want to amend these, they approach Airbus and the manufacturer is happy to change any pages at a cost (I hear about E300/page).

Thus, to answer your question, Airbus supplies the originals, individual companies are at liberty to change them as and how they see fit. Normally, the only things that companies change are the Normal Operations in the FCOM 3. Most companies, mine included, find the cost of changing the Airbus SOPs to be exorbitant, so either rewrite them as a stand-alone doc, or insert them in the FCOM themselves.

Airbus would probably be able to supply you with an original version if you ask. The other posting mentions the Airbus rep - this is the way to go - I am not sure the manufacturer will supply you with the original if you are not an "Airbus operating company" employee.

Hope this helps