PDA

View Full Version : Context

Parapunter
4th Nov 2004, 23:39
One has had a couple of hard days at work. First of all, one had a load shed on the motorway, which led to much weeping & wailing on the part of the constabulary (justified). Then one had an overloading incident, which led the boys in blue to further weeping, wailing & threatening unmentionable actions against ones person (poss less justified), then as a result of ones focus on communing with the law, one failed to satisfy ones customer four times over with a net loss of 500 quid as a direct outcome.

So one has been feeling a little down in the dumps, with much wine & fags as a post work sop.

Then the phone rang & ones mate informed one that his entire family had had an horrific car crash the dynamics of which would have had the owner of Alton Towers rushing in waving his cheque book. They walked away. That's mum, dad & sister. Turns out, the car missed a tree by a foot or two & the family remains together.

Makes ya think don't it?

reynoldsno1
5th Nov 2004, 02:06
Indeed pp. Having survived a coach crash ( 1 fatality, two vehicles written off, including coach), 2 motorbike crashes (2 leather jackets written off), 2 car crashes (both written off) and 2 aircraft accidents, I have become increasingly aware of my own mortality. I ventured on to my house roof the other day to assess the state of the eaves, and the repainting thereof - I have decided I will pay some other b*st*rd to risk their neck ...

Glad to hear family is OK

BlueDiamond
5th Nov 2004, 02:50
Bloody 'ell, reynoldsno1 ... have you ever considered just staying at home (preferably tucked up in bed) where it's a bit safer??

:uhoh:

reynoldsno1
5th Nov 2004, 03:05
You've been talking to mrsr1, BD... she made me give up scuba diving recently, I can't think why...

AerBabe
5th Nov 2004, 09:10
I've always had a very vivid imagination, so tend to stay out of trouble. However, since moving to Essex, I've become very clumsy. During my first week in my new job, I walked up some steps and badly bruised my shoulder on a first aid box. :\ More recently, I've broken two toes (my first ever broken bones) by misjudging my approach to my kitchen cupboard. I hope it doesn't get any worse.

The only transport incident I've had was flying as passenger with a friend when the rudder cable snapped on landing & we ended up in some crops. No damage to us, fortunately.

Reynoldsno1, have you considered investing in bubble wrap?

Groundbased
5th Nov 2004, 10:03
Nowhere more dangerous than the home.

I spent last Saturday in Casualty after a Hoover fell down the stairs and hit me on the head.

Ozzy
5th Nov 2004, 13:45
Indeed pp. Having survived a coach crash ( 1 fatality, two vehicles written off, including coach), 2 motorbike crashes (2 leather jackets written off), 2 car crashes (both written off) and 2 aircraft accidents, I have become increasingly aware of my own mortality. Right then reynoldsno1, just let me know which aircraft or which road you plan to be on and when so I can take the appropriate steps to avoid you:uhoh: :uhoh:

Ozzy

Parapunter
5th Nov 2004, 13:48
Well Reynolds, I hope you plan to die peacefully in your sleep, not screaming in terror like you r passengers.:}

Seriously though - two plane crashes??:confused:

reynoldsno1
7th Nov 2004, 22:06
- one heli power line strike, shaken (vvvveeeeerrrrryyyy) and not stirred....:\
- one a short fat twin that landed downwind (weird story why...) on dirt strip. Stirred but not shaken.... all the wheels came off that wagon though....:ooh:

CarltonBrowne the FO
8th Nov 2004, 00:01
In 1999 I was NHP on a 146 struck by lightning.
Twice.
4 days apart.
After the second incident, apparently I was the first pilot ever to report a lightning strike to ATC and manage to sound bored.....