PDA

View Full Version : Cork gets the nod?? - FR

eoinok
4th Nov 2004, 14:02
Read in the evening echo last night that Mike Crawley (I hope I got name and spelling correct) was quoted as saying that Cork people and Limerick people (ORK and SNN) will get access to low fares to Sun destinations.
Without giving the full details of the article, it seems that FR has been in negotiations with SNN and ORK about new routes since the boards became independent.

The quote of the article for me has to have been "Cork will get the nod, because it is in Ireland....."

Yea right bhouy! I am sure many Corkonians who post here will have a good laugh at this. Ryanair virtually abandoned Cork once they started to be successful despite the years when they were struggling and all the Cork people supported them?

It has nothing to do with "because we are in Ireland" more likely to do with "because we want to land for free and maybe have you pay us to land" more than anything else.

Tom the Tenor
4th Nov 2004, 19:11
If so, where are they going to park the aeroplanes? Mind you, they could always do W patterns starting in Shannon?

eoinok
5th Nov 2004, 09:48
Good point! I am only repeating what I saw printed!

I am sure there is plenty of space down by the cargo hangar. If FR thought they would get charges reduced by 1 cent a plane load to park down there, it is there we would be!!

Flame
6th Nov 2004, 06:07
eoink;

here we go again with the ryanair tripe...!!!!, I guess you are probably right though, people in Cork should protest their right to ignore Ryanair and pay through the nose for the right to fly out of Cork airport, I mean....why should anyone in Cork get the chance of flying for less

Go on Cork...never fly with Ryanair, pay more with most other carriers.