PDA

View Full Version : The importance of advertising

itchy kitchin
4th Nov 2004, 12:59
Have you notice one of the adverts on this site for pilates equipment?

pilates (pi-laa-tees) is some whacky new exersize thing and apparently you can use equipment to help. I can't help but think of some over-ambitious young ad man thinking this site is the PPRuNe: Professional Pilates Rumour Network

He's not done his homework has he!
;)

Onan the Clumsy
4th Nov 2004, 13:16
One of many (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128392&highlight=pilates)

itchy kitchin
4th Nov 2004, 13:25
ooop! Sorry, didn't spot that.
Pull the thread and call the cops!
Go and see Phil the Greek for a dodgy passport, I'll shave my head and meet you in Rio in a fortnight... the games up!

Onan the Clumsy
4th Nov 2004, 13:27
That's ok. Now I feel bad for saying what I said. In fairness, you could point out that I have said it before :)

Jerricho
4th Nov 2004, 14:43
And ave you been suckered in and purchased any of the Pilates equipment from here Onan? This is better than doo-to-door salesmen (or women in your case) :E

Grainger
4th Nov 2004, 15:40
... are these the really annoying ones who always manage to ring the bell while you're on the bog ?

Jerricho
4th Nov 2004, 16:07
Nope. Just the one's that play on Onan's inability to say NO!!

Dead_Heading
4th Nov 2004, 21:18
That sort of problem can get you into reeealll trouble....

Danny
5th Nov 2004, 15:28
The ad for Sequoia Pilates Equipment is one I run for my brother-in-law. It's his manufacturing business and I've given his company a bit of exposure. Of course we will always have the quick witted ones who notice the astonishing similarity of the word Pilates to Pilots. :rolleyes:

http://www.pprune.org/images/pprn.gif

BlueDiamond
5th Nov 2004, 15:40
Friend of mine at Pilatus was getting a lot of phone calls wanting "that exercise video." He got so fed up explaining that they had the wrong number that the next unfortunate fitness freak who called was told that they did indeed have the video and that it would cost nine million dollars.

"I beg your pardon?" Said the gobsmacked caller.

"Of course you get a free aircraft with that ...."

:hmm: